• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Original Anime BD Episode of The Testament of Sister New Devil Previewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Ah greatly looking forward to this, BURST is fab so far (even with ecchi greatness hidden for the BDs), had my copy pre-ordered for a long time, not long to go now!

Hopefully won't be the last we see of this series in anime form.
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see more content, but I wonder why they are bundling it with the manga adaptation. It is usually bundled with the source material isn't it?
livinew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:43 am Reply with quote
Can't wait. Let's just hope S2 sells well so there will be a S3 in the future.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quote
livinew wrote:
Can't wait. Let's just hope S2 sells well so there will be a S3 in the future.

highly doubt that considering that they would have to face the juggernaut that is high school dxd fans that want a season 4 considering that S3 was not only disappointing,but also had an OAE(Original Anime Ending) and not canon material.

not to mentioned its not as popular as DxD. if BURST does well enough and dont end via OAE then its possible there will be a S3.if not and its more fanservice bait than storytelling which is why people liked dxd then it will be banished into the trashy pile right along with other fanserviced labeled series like ikkitousen and ladies vs butlers (at least queens blade had a decent storyline that is until right up to rebellion).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
Happy to see more content, but I wonder why they are bundling it with the manga adaptation. It is usually bundled with the source material isn't it?

The first OVA was bundeld with the LNs but, and rather unsually for Japan, the manga seems more more popular than the LNs it's based on for Shinmai. Last volume reached 65K in two weeks whilst the last manga volume reached about 40K with LEs* after a number of weeks. So it makes sense really.

* Figures may not be 100% accurate, going by memory here
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1