• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Outlines Sailor Moon R Season 2 Set 2 Disc Replacement

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:54 am Reply with quote
It's unfortunate the issue happened, especially after they corrected it for the streaming, but it's good they're taking steps to fix it.

ADV also had to replace a disc in their own Sailor Moon R set, only they made you send back the entire box. There was a shot of Usagi laughing with a bit of audio missing that was filled-in with Terri Hawkes' voice from the DiC dub.

Last edited by PurpleWarrior13 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:41 am Reply with quote
Hope newer made copies are fixed of this error when I get it down the line. Worrisome that they fixed the stream but didn't check the discs.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:58 am Reply with quote
They're really messing up with their release of SM.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
I am not calling to ask for a replacement disc because the error occurs in a silly filler-y episode that I have little desire to rewatch.

And I am not giving Viz Media much credit because this is not their first screw up with their Sailor Moon release. They should have learned to be more careful by now; I expect them to make more mistakes with future SM releases.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am not calling to ask for a replacement disc because the error occurs in a silly filler-y episode that I have little desire to rewatch.

And I am not giving Viz Media much credit because this is not their first screw up with their Sailor Moon release. They should have learned to be more careful by now; I expect them to make more mistakes with future SM releases.

Another example of them screwing it up is the weekly Shippuden dub releases. It used to be on Fridays/Saturday (I know because I would regularly watch it on a copyright infringing stream) and that was over a month ago that they had the last dubbed episode.

In Viz's defense, I think they might have less screw up for some of their release dates like Funi has become somewhat infamous for.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Okay I'll give you "filler-y" but calling it a silly episode... it's the episode where the monster of the day gives Mercury hallucinations so that she would kill her friends. Yeah... not the best episode to call silly.

Last edited by Emma Iveli on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
wastrel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I assume that if I call in to get replacement discs, I will be forever after on Warner Bros.' "bombard with spam email and phone calls" list. I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Of course, I'm no longer sure that Viz's releases of Season 1 and 2 are really improvements over the old ADV versions I was looking forward to getting rid of. Thus far the only clear advantage is that the Viz ones take up less space on the shelf.

I'll get the Viz release of Season 5, just to replace the old fansubbed versions I have, since season 5 has never been released in North America 'til now. But my Pioneer DVDs of Season 3 and Season 4 still work and Viz's continuing problems make it much less likely that I'll get those seasons from Viz.

And preordering anything from Viz is definitely a no-go. There is no longer anticipation at a Viz release, only dread.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I got my set as a birthday present last week, so I hope I won't need any proof of purchase for my replacement. Just tried to call this number, but their offices are closed for the weekend. Wish they'd made this announcement before that… Confused I tried leaving a voicemail in their general mailbox, but I couldn't get a full sentence out before it cut me off. I guess I'll have to try and find time during work on Monday to call again. What a bummer.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
So, for those buying the new sets cold, pink disks instead of red, and ....31 instead of ....33? Gotcha.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I just had a thought. If Viz's releases of Ranma 1/2 can contain 23 episodes each....then why the heck did they not do this for Sailor Moon?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I just had a thought. If Viz's releases of Ranma 1/2 can contain 23 episodes each....then why the heck did they not do this for Sailor Moon?

Actually for season 1 of Sailor Moon each part came with 23 episodes. Viz is going to release each season in 2 parts. They probably don't mind if they are not using disc space efficiently.

I would have preferred if Viz had released each season complete in one box every 5 months. At the current rate episode 200 will be released sometime in 2018.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
wastrel wrote:
But my Pioneer DVDs of Season 3 and Season 4 still work and Viz's continuing problems make it much less likely that I'll get those seasons from Viz.

And preordering anything from Viz is definitely a no-go. There is no longer anticipation at a Viz release, only dread.

I'm keeping my S and SuperS DVDs simply for the gorgeous covers and the so bad it's awesome old dub.

Why is there dread?
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:34 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:

Actually for season 1 of Sailor Moon each part came with 23 episodes. Viz is going to release each season in 2 parts. They probably don't mind if they are not using disc space efficiently.

I would have preferred if Viz had released each season complete in one box every 5 months. At the current rate episode 200 will be released sometime in 2018.

True. It only took what...2 years to release all of Ranma 1/2? They still have to release the films and OVA's however.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Lol, they seriously aspect me to call an American phone number? I live in the Netherlands.....
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the off topic but it has to do with disc replacements but has Aniplex USA announced replacement plans for the SAO: Fairy Dance LE 3 yet? I read on here a couple months or so ago that they found out that quite a few of the songs on the soundtrack disc had errors and said Aniplex USA would soon talk about replacements but I haven't heard anything since.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2