• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kadokawa Leaks News on Junjo Romantica Boys-Love Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
So um does this mean they are animating it or was it all a hoax?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Mistress9 wrote:
So um does this mean they are animating it or was it all a hoax?

Most likely it's the same as this incident. We'll just have to wait the formal announcement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mistress9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quote
I see, thanks for the information. I hope it is true because it's one of my favorite BL manga's so an anime would be real cool.
eevaleena

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quote
And... If it's true, hopefully they use the same seiyuu as the drama CD! I'm already used to Sakurai Takahiro as Misaki...Even though Sakurai already quit BL world, he did say that he'll continue with the series he's already in. And I really love him in Junjou Romantica.... and I don't want other seiyuu replacing him.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:20 am Reply with quote
This is an exciting bit of news but sadly, I don't know how well the art style would look animated. It is very sketchy at best and I think if they changed the way the characters looked, it would really ruin that raw feeling one gets when reading the manga.

And since there are two possible stories to animate, which do you think they will use? I am hoping they use both, but blend them together. They are kind of seperate in the manga so it may be difficult to use both story lines.

Also I hope for an actual 13 episode series, instead of an OVA. Yaoi and BL never really have much screen time as series. GravitationGakuen Heaven, and Sukisyo are the only ones who really stick out as actual series. Most are single OVA's like Fake, or run around 3 or 4 episodes like Kizuna and Okane ga Nai, which all have enough material for an actual series.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
This is an exciting bit of news but sadly, I don't know how well the art style would look animated. It is very sketchy at best and I think if they changed the way the characters looked, it would really ruin that raw feeling one gets when reading the manga.

If Nasu could be animated, anything else could.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:

Also I hope for an actual 13 episode series, instead of an OVA. Yaoi and BL never really have much screen time as series. GravitationGakuen Heaven, and Sukisyo are the only ones who really stick out as actual series. Most are single OVA's like Fake, or run around 3 or 4 episodes like Kizuna and Okane ga Nai, which all have enough material for an actual series.

You forgot Loveless & Descendants of Darkness are 12 or 13 eps. Princess Princess is close-not exactly BL, but not too far out (Yeah, they're cross-dressing, but the whole school of boys are drooling over boys & there's a lot of the jokes they use in the BL genre)

It seems like they do BL OVA's more in the style of cash-in. The title has fans, so they animate it so the fans will spend more bucks (like the drama cds). They probably don't expect enough of an audience if they put it on tv. Not to mention a lot of BL series run short--3 or 4 if they're lucky. Sukisho & Gakuen Heaven actually have the games behind them for even more material. It's easier to get harem titles like Saiunkoku on the air since they have tons of hot guys with room for speculation (like all the Naruto fans arguing over fan pairings), but nothing too overt that could turn off viewers. Isn't there a line in Fushigi Yugi (anime) where Tasuke says he never really liked girls before? And the manga-ka commented in one of the back sections about her fav Fushigi Yugi pairing.
One has to be imaginative about these things. Read between the lines. Look at Hakkai & Gojyo/Saiyuki. There's wiggle room there.

The art style is no more sketchy than others. I like it.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
Well I really do not consider those 3 titles you mentioned BL. Slashable yes, but not BL. I would consider them all shojo.

While it is easy to read between the lines and speculate about certain character pairings, I was never really into that sort of thing. Saiyuki is just a bunch of good lookin men traveling together, killing yokai and never really reaching their destination. I wouldn't ever think of pairing in Naruto. I guess I am just past the age where there is a need for that because having BL elements makes things 'cool' and is every fangirls dream.

And I do like the art in Junjo. But I don't know if it would animate well, without losing something in the process.
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
I really hope this is true. If it is, I hope they cover the side couple too. Hopefully it's not an OVA! It better be a series. A BL series is long overdue.
Meer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
I hope it's true since it's a great manga. I love Junjou Egoist the best, so I hope some of their story is animated too....
Mistress9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I actually like the art style as well, and I really hope they do both of the stories because they are awsome. I am also hoping that they also do like a 13 epoiside series as well because I think there is too much story for an OVA series.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Update: Formally announced on the cover of the newest issue of CIEL Très Très magazine.

seichan80

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quote
the anime website has been open since the beginning of the month.
http://www.suzukisan.info/index2.html
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quote
It's so nice to hear that it's confirmed. I'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks for the news, ANN.
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
*bounces off the walls!*

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exciting news indeed. And it looks like the art is going to stay loyal to Sensei's style, which in my opinion, makes the story.

Equally pleasing, based on the pics in the previous poster's URL, it looks like not only will Usagi & Misaki get screen time but Hiroki & Nowaki will as well! *waves the Nowaki X Hiroki banner*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2