• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konami Card Games Executive Leaves Company, Joins Mobile Game Developer Mobcast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
The Fall of Konami!
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Rather than asking what talent is leaving Konami, it's starting to look more and more like the better question to ask might be, who's left?...
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Odd. I knew their video game department was focusing more towards mobile stuff, but their card game personelle as well? Konami really is restructuring.

-Stuart Smith
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Will Yu-Gi-Oh! die? Kindly finish Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V properly and release all the Numbers first before dying.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Will Yu-Gi-Oh! die? Kindly finish Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V properly and release all the Numbers first before dying.

As soon as the new movie comes out (but not here in the US), that's it.

Last edited by ReNellGlover on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Even the card games executive can't stand the tyranny, but Konami deserved this, Konami needs to leave the gaming industry.

Yu-Gi-Oh may or may not die, it depends on if Konami sells off the rights to it or not, but if they sell it off, the chances of it going to a console, handheld, or PC developer is very low, it's doomed to be a F2P money pit which is death in itself as gamers are concerned.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling it won't be too long before Konami is left with a skeleton crew that seem interested in only the mobile and pachinko markets.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
The Fall of Konami!

and its pretty much a nail in the coffin on their demise now. the question is not a matter of if, but when. and dont be surprised that the first to go will be their TCG division since that side have been a joke ever since they purchased the remains of the horror that is 4kids, renamed it 4k media and have turned the YGO franchise as a uber butt joke in the Western otaku community.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I know it's cool to hate on Konami now, but a business executive getting a better job offer doesn't sound like something that would signal the end of Yu-Gi-Oh!.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I know it's cool to hate on Konami now, but a business executive getting a better job offer doesn't sound like something that would signal the end of Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Sure looks like it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1