• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, November 2-9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Not even the power of Disney can stop CoD. Razz Now to see them God Eater legs. PS4 #1 as expected. Bout to hit 2 million.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Japan loves Western games.
MajorZero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
CoD still selling like a hot cakes. With all the hate it gets on the internet I wonder who buys it year after year.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Well... Isn't this a surprise that Japan is starting to show interest in Call of Duty? I wonder how this will affect the future of first-person-shooter titles in the Japanese market?
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:39 am Reply with quote
MajorZero wrote:
CoD still selling like a hot cakes. With all the hate it gets on the internet I wonder who buys it year after year.
They say they hate it but they will secretly buy it anyway
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:08 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Well... Isn't this a surprise that Japan is starting to show interest in Call of Duty? I wonder how this will affect the future of first-person-shooter titles in the Japanese market?

Call of Duty has been selling big numbers in Japan for years. Other than Advanced Warfare (which BO3 only bet by 20k), this is the worst debut the series has seen in Japan since 2010.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:53 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

Call of Duty has been selling big numbers in Japan for years. Other than Advanced Warfare (which BO3 only bet by 20k), this is the worst debut the series has seen in Japan since 2010.

Probably due to the install base for the PS4 in Japan has not been as big as the PS3's
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:55 am Reply with quote
The "God Eater Resurrection Cross Play Pack & Anime Vol. 1 Limited Edition" at rank 13 should be "God Eater Resurrection". If you look at last week list, you will see 3 versions of God Eater: PSV God Eater Resurrection which sold 125876, PS4 God Eater Resurrection which sold 25700, and PS4 God Eater Resurrection Cross Play Pack & Anime Vol. 1 Limited Edition which sold 16281. This week 4Gamer has only two versions on its list, the anime bundled version isn't on the list. The numbers also show this: PS4 God Eater Resurrection (whithout anime) has sold 25700+6461=32161 in two weeks (4Gamer reports 32160 for whatever reason).
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen these lists much but I never thought I would see the day that CoD would top a Japanese list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1