• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toshiaki Iwashiro's Kagamigami Manga Ends on Monday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zztop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote
Did the mangaka want to end Kagamigami because it was unpopular with readers? Or is he ending it on his own terms?

I ask this because I've observed most mangaka usually strive to make a long-running series (usually for income generation).

And, do 4-5 volume manga usually get anime adaptations, or are those reserved for the longer-running ones?
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:04 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
Did the mangaka want to end Kagamigami because it was unpopular with readers? Or is he ending it on his own terms?

I ask this because I've observed most mangaka usually strive to make a long-running series (usually for income generation).

And, do 4-5 volume manga usually get anime adaptations, or are those reserved for the longer-running ones?

Kagamigami has been cancelled because of low popularity it's been at the bottom of the Jump reader polls from the get go.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;____;

I was really starting to enjoy the story, too. The fight scenes were really dynamic.

At this rate we'll never get a Psyren anime T___T
gedata

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Poor dude will never have a break out hit despite his effort.
FilthyCasual wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;____;

I was really starting to enjoy the story, too. The fight scenes were really dynamic.

At this rate we'll never get a Psyren anime T___T

That boat has sailed long and never came back
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Goddammit! First Psyren and now Kagamigami! This is getting incredibly annoying! I really liked both series and now they're getting the "rush out of the door" treatment again! Unbelievable! What a serious waste of potential. -___-;
flackenstien

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
As much as I enjoyed Psyren, Kagamigami just wan't that great. Not sure about the later chapters, but it the first chapter was painful to read; I couldn't even finish it.
It's a shame, I thought his experience with Psyren would have leveled him up.
sarusa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, it was obvious this was going to happen as soon as the manga degenerated into a fighting tournament (agent selection wink wink) and it completely lost the humor it had early on.

So now it's going to be 'Our fight has only just begun!'
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:18 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Kagamigami has been cancelled because of low popularity it's been at the bottom of the Jump reader polls from the get go.

Bummer, I thought that even newer series like Best Blue would create a buffer for it, but that buffer keeps slipping out from underneath Kagamigami, like what happened with Lady Justice and Devilyman.
Ushio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
BlueCatMage wrote:
Goddammit! First Psyren and now Kagamigami! This is getting incredibly annoying! I really liked both series and now they're getting the "rush out of the door" treatment again! Unbelievable! What a serious waste of potential. -___-;

Weekly shonen Jump is the biggest magazine in sales in Japan and only has 20 slots. With a successful manga being able to last over a decade and with that lots of money competition is fierce you need to perform right out the gate or you will get booted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1