• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I finished the whole thing. Here are my thoughts.

The story of the first half revolves around a new character named Sinon in-game (and who sports a ridiculous but attractive outfit) plays a gun-based MMO where people start dying in real life. Our boy gets tasked with diving in and uncovering the murder. The story moved along at a fairly good pace, although there was a bit too much time spent sitting around talking in a cave. Not that that scene wasn't important - there was a lot of development for Sinon and a for Kirito as they both learn to deal with their pasts. This theme carries through this half as spoiler[the villian, Death Gun, is another example of someone trapped in their past]. My thoughts about the art of this show's predecessor can be repeated here - beautifully done backgrounds, with the new cityscape/desert MMO world necessitating a duller color pallet but still remaining vibrant. The latter half trades in some of the life-or-death stakes for some fairly moving emotional impact, especially with Asuna's home life and the story of new character Yuuki. This despite these stories feeling like side stories in comparison even to the first half of this series, let alone the first SAO.

Overall, it was good. A bit weaker than the first series but I'd argue that this show had more emotional impact. 7/10
PikaMadness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:57 am Reply with quote
GGO was really interesting but after that...eww lol. Almost everything after GGO was a letdown. The part with Yuuki though was alright. That part was kinda sad honestly but it wasn't necessary. They really should've just stuck with GGO the whole way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 115 of 115