• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Takeshi/Tsuyoshi Shimizu

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:36 am Reply with quote
There are two people here who have been inconsistently spelled. One person is the CG animator (清水剛吏), who spells his name "Tuyoshi Shimizu" on his own Facebook page. FUNi also spells him as "Tsuyoshi" for the 009 Re:Cyborg ending credits. All of his credits were on Takeshi, so I've purged those and added them all anew to Tsuyoshi Shimizu.

The other is an art director for live action movies (清水剛), whom Wikipedia and Allcinema list as Takeshi Shimizu. But Movie Walker reads his name as "Tsuyoshi", the news articles on ANN have him as that (despite being added as Takeshi in the encyclopedia entry), and the old credit for the Video Girl Ai movie is currently under "Tsuyoshi". Is there any indication on what Kodansha/FUNimation refer to him as officially for Attack on Titan's release? The evidence seems to point to him being Takeshi, in which case I should add the VGA credit to Takeshi and ask for the articles to be fixed, but first making sure there is not any more information to the contrary.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1