• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Zero Prequel Manga Gets TV Anime Adaptation in January

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
Whoa this is getting a TV anime adaptation? Kinda surprising as I was originally thinking OVA is more likely. Looking forward to it though but I think they might include some original anime material.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail best tales.
thunderkingnue29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
The anime is due January 2016 According to the official site
http://fairytail-tv.com/contents/special/zero/
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quote
I assumed this would be getting an arc in the main anime in lieu of original filler. I think I would have preferred that.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
damn this is great news!!!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
Either a flackback in the currently-running TV show, or a multi-OVA adaptation (2 or 3 episodes sounds about right) to be bundled with FT merch (manga, home-media, games). Those two options seem the most likely to me.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote
Lol I did say this would happen after the current arc, but for it to actually happen...I scare myself sometimes.

Edit: I actually did say it.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2975422
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
great news and glad its gonna happen already at january 2x FT to watch weekly Smile
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Hiro Mashima drew this too? Does this mean he's doing double-duty as a manga artist? If so, how does he even do such a thing? I thought doing just one manga series eats up all of your time.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Hiro Mashima drew this too? Does this mean he's doing double-duty as a manga artist? If so, how does he even do such a thing? I thought doing just one manga series eats up all of your time.

Well first of all, Fairy Tail Zero was a monthly manga. And just in case you didn't know, Hiro Mashima has much higher work ethic than most other mangaka (if not all). He often does longer chapters and colour pages on a regular basis. He's released 3 chapters in one week before, as well 6 in 2 weeks and 8 in a month. He's released multiple chapters a week multiple times and also does omake's a lot too. And he never takes a break. So basically, he's a workhorse. Not many mangaka besides him would be able to pull it off.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Well that cool maybe this will between the end of this arc and the new one
diefty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Well first of all, Fairy Tail Zero was a monthly manga. And just in case you didn't know, Hiro Mashima has much higher work ethic than most other mangaka (if not all). He often does longer chapters and colour pages on a regular basis. He's released 3 chapters in one week before, as well 6 in 2 weeks and 8 in a month. He's released multiple chapters a week multiple times and also does omake's a lot too. And he never takes a break. So basically, he's a workhorse. Not many mangaka besides him would be able to pull it off.

People including myself at times question his writting and creative choices, but when it comes to amount of work and effort without a clear drop in quality he might be the best there is.
diefty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I personally would have prefered this as a short flashback arc inside the main anime, there is even a perfect spot to place it since there will be a Mavis flashback that directly links with FT Zero. It would also mean less filler which is always nice.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I freaking called it! I knew the Fairy Tail anime would adapt Zero after the Tartarus arc, it makes the most sense because it gives the manga time to get ahead without resorting to a filler arc. I know it claims to be getting an anime adaptation, but I think it's just going to be part of the main anime, considering it starts in January and the Tartarus arc will be over by the end of the December. Now I can only hope some of the other spin offs like Ice Trail, Fairy Girls, and Blue Mistral might be adapted in some shape or form.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

He seems to be a workaholic or he's just super fast Very Happy

Besides his weekly Fairy Tail he also works on some monthly series once in a while.
I also remember him drawing 2 fairy tail chapters every week for a month some time ago or him drawing full color one-shots while still working on fairy tail.
A few years ago he even released 3 fairy tail chapters at once Very Happy
He is known for working incredibly hard.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-23/fairy-tail-manga-to-run-in-5-magazines-this-spring
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/32gsmr/hiro_mashima_to_do_double_fairy_tail_chapters_for/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-27/fairy-tail-manga-publish-150-pages-in-2-weeks

Of course he's also drawing artworks for his twitter page every few days.

I've also seen him posting about playing psp and ps4...

Is he even human?

Last edited by Narutofreak1412 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3