• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Zero Prequel Manga Gets TV Anime Adaptation in January

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:56 pm Reply with quote
So I assume the Tartaros arc is nearing its end, huh? I do hope Zero will be part of the on-going anime, rather than it being a separate show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catsplay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
So I assume the Tartaros arc is nearing its end, huh? I do hope Zero will be part of the on-going anime, rather than it being a separate show.

It pretty much confirmed it will be part of the main anime by announcing it would air in January. The Tartarus arc has about 5-6 episodes of content left, which means it will be over by the end of December, leaving them to adapt Zero starting in January.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Extremely pleased to see! ^^ Can't wait to watch this; I loved FTZ so much!
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:08 pm Reply with quote
The best filter arc
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
The best filter arc
Filter arc? This is canon material.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait the material in this is really good.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this is just part of the main series and not a separate show since I always thought this would be a great way for the manga to get a little father ahead plus it actually relates to the next main arc (there is a short arc before it) so it's not really out of place.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote
Wasn't this series pretty short? If it's a TV anime, it'll probably only be 12 episodes. And even then, pretty of filler will be needed. I just hope it's good filler.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:48 am Reply with quote
I'm happy about these news because Zero was a great manga, but I wonder how they're gonna do it. It's only 12 chapters (although each was like 30-40 pages long iirc?), I doubt they could pull a full-cour with it. Maybe the Winter cour of the main series will be half Zero half spoiler[Avatar arc] or something like that
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:28 am Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
I assumed this would be getting an arc in the main anime in lieu of original filler. I think I would have preferred that.

I was expecting that as well too considering naruto shippuden did that with the kakashi chronicles and the new anime would be the blue mistral spinoff.

and there are some people would have preferred that.especially considering that the current magical girl spinoff, fate/kaleid prisma illya series have gone into uber yuri fanservice mode (which have been the MO for magical girl series ever since nanoha & madoka series were released) and even stretching it into borderline loli ecchi/fanservice series.

at least in blue mistral , there will be absolutely zero chances of that happening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
When I first saw this title, I saw it as them making yet another Fate anime. That's because I saw it "Fate/Zero prequel". More FT is awesome.

In terms of manga-ka churning being on a drawing binge, The TokyoPop release of Skull Man had an article in the 1st volume that mentioned this happening. That is, Shotaro Ishinomori and his crew were working where he was making 500 pages/month.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:
I assumed this would be getting an arc in the main anime in lieu of original filler. I think I would have preferred that.

I was expecting that as well too considering naruto shippuden did that with the kakashi chronicles and the new anime would be the blue mistral spinoff.

and there are some people would have preferred that.especially considering that the current magical girl spinoff, fate/kaleid prisma illya series have gone into uber yuri fanservice mode (which have been the MO for magical girl series ever since nanoha & madoka series were released) and even stretching it into borderline loli ecchi/fanservice series.

at least in blue mistral , there will be absolutely zero chances of that happening.

Blue Mistral is not a "Magical Girl" spinoff. It's just a spinoff series that focuses on Wendy going on guild missions alone, with the other Fairy Tail members showing up here and there to help her out. Sure you can claim it's about a magical girl since Wendy has magic, but there are no transformation sequences and its just the dragon slayer magic she uses in the main series. It could literally be adapted as filler/extra content for the main series.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
It could literally be adapted as filler/extra content for the main series.

As a huge Wendy fan, I would love to see this happening Very Happy
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:44 am Reply with quote
Narutofreak1412 wrote:
Catsplay wrote:

well be assured. that series is definitely more likely to get an anime version over the other manga spinoffs. At least that is what i would like to say.

however considering that the Code Geass: Knightmare of Nunnaly manga didn't get an anime version, doesnt necessarily mean its a shoe win that the smallest female for a popular series wont be getting their own anime spinoff. a manga spinoff? yes. but not necessarily an anime version.

also i wouldnt necessarily call it an extra/filler content of the main series. considering that the roles for everyone is clearly different.

Catsplay wrote:

Blue Mistral is not a "Magical Girl" spinoff. It's just a spinoff series that focuses on Wendy going on guild missions alone, with the other Fairy Tail members showing up here and there to help her out. Sure you can claim it's about a magical girl since Wendy has magic, but there are no transformation sequences and its just the dragon slayer magic she uses in the main series. It could literally be adapted as filler/extra content for the main series.

Actually, this article says otherwise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Catsplay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:26 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Narutofreak1412 wrote:
Catsplay wrote:

well be assured. that series is definitely more likely to get an anime version over the other manga spinoffs. At least that is what i would like to say.

however considering that the Code Geass: Knightmare of Nunnaly manga didn't get an anime version, doesnt necessarily mean its a shoe win that the smallest female for a popular series wont be getting their own anime spinoff. a manga spinoff? yes. but not necessarily an anime version.

also i wouldnt necessarily call it an extra/filler content of the main series. considering that the roles for everyone is clearly different.

Catsplay wrote:

Actually, this article says otherwise.

I don't care what the article says, it's misinformed. I actually own the manga for Blue Mistral, so I DO know what I'm talking about. It's not a magical girl spin off, it's a spin off focused on Wendy doing Guild jobs alone with Carla. Seriously, go buy volume 1 from Kodansha now and see for yourself.

It's more Shojo themed than the main Fairy Tail series, but it actually fits into the canon of the main plot (Right after Wendy joins Fairy Tail, she does guild jobs alone and several of the other main FT members help her out). The story was approved by Hiro Mashima as well. So unless you count Wendy and every other female from the regular series as "Magical Girls" then this clearly has nothing to do with the magical girl genre.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3