• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hatsune Miku Expo Concert Tour Heads to 6 North American Cities

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainux

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:02 pm Reply with quote
wow that is a big news...I hope someday Hatsune Miku come back again to Chile in south america to see her again, I love everything about her...I hope the american and americans otaku's people enjoy the show with this great and amazing virtual diva.
gwdone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
See,,,, I'm just going to have to be in Dallas, TX to see it no matter how far the drive!! Can't freaking wait!!
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
And I know we ask this every time, but...
When she gets to LA, can we have her appear on some OTHER talk show, and pretend the last one never happened? Mad
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:41 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

When she gets to LA, can we have her appear on some OTHER talk show, and pretend the last one never happened? Mad

Who else is gonna take a chance on her?
The last one, he was on his way out, so he doesn't care what risks.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:

Who else is gonna take a chance on her?
The last one, he was on his way out, so he doesn't care what risks.

They wanted to promote the NY Expo appearance since it was first, and Dave was one of the only network late-nights still in NYC.

And we all agreed, goofy gamer and giddy tech enthusiast Jimmy Fallon on the West coast would have had much, much LESS self-conscious embarrassment (let alone pathological loathing of "cartoon characters") about pretending a life-size anime idol was a real entertainer. Very Happy
gwdone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

The Letterman didn't bother me. I thought the Willie Nelson joke at the end was pretty funny. Hard to know if he was comparing her hair to his, or if he meant sit back, smoke one, and enjoy the wild technology. I would think the latter... Idea Idea
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
gwdone wrote:
The Letterman didn't bother me. I thought the Willie Nelson joke at the end was pretty funny. Hard to know if he was comparing her hair to his, or if he meant sit back, smoke one, and enjoy the wild technology. I would think the latter... Idea Idea

Can't recall, but think that was in audience-rescuing reference to a running joke from earlier in the episode.
As for the post-credits photo of Miku hanging out with Sinatra, however... Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1