• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ro-Kyu-Bu! (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
why are you watching NBA's subs? why not just wait for Asenshi?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh God, the troll subs were ridiculous. I only watched 5 minutes since the OP song was even different.

Eh, the episode was what I expected with Rena being both a jerk and a pro in terms of basketball. I wonder how this match will play out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
So 6th grade girls can do the same behind the backboard shot as Lebron James.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 11

Exciting match, the opposing team also had some learning lesson moments. spoiler[Maho got hurt] Sad , at least the other girl knew she did something kind of bad, she actually started to care about other people during the match.

Probably one of the best so far, lots of throwback to various issues of different characters.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12 (finale)

I thought there was a really good chance the girls spoiler[would win, then I realized that this was the last episode and thus it would likely be an emotional loss. And although the girls lost, they still tried their damn hardest]. I can't say that I was moved to spoiler[tears over their kind of sad end to elementary basketball, but I could feel that it was emotional, seeing all of them cry was touching]. So the girls being spoiler[in middle school] seems to show that the show is over, the creepy lolicons won't be coming back now that they are growing up Wink , except maybe Hina who I can only guess will eventually get a teaching position in Academy City.

There are some questionable use of songs at the ED while spoiler[they are starting Middle school] because the words are "Elementary schoolers are the best". But it was all good, Subaru got to spoiler[play again], they are still all friends, it sounded like Subaru and Tomoko spoiler[practically confessed to each other], it shouldn't ruin the club since spoiler[Tomoko is no longer an Elementary student or the coacher's daughter] (I think). Wink Also, I already figured out from the spoiler[OP that Subaru got Tomoko into basketball], did not make the scene much less cooler though.

I think that I will give this the same rating as I gave the first season, and that is Good. That is not saying that this season did not make any improvements or only rehashed what happened in the first season, no this was a good sequel. Lolicon anime (don't judge it) is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me, and I think that this really is one of the better ones we have. For that reason I think that I will vote it up, it gets a Very good rating from me, this accounts for the improvements from second season as well the memories of the first. Watching the first season OP and ED gets me pumped, hey Airi's brother actually appeared partially in first season's ED. This season's openings and closing were not bad either, the OP seemed to have more weight on it this time, and the ED got an earworm with rolling and growing, was fun, and the chibis were cute.

Farewell Ro-Kyu-Bu!, a sports anime that I actually like.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on, how you going to let them lose to the same team in back to back season finales. Anyway I am also going to give this a Very Good.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Finally got caught up.

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Oh come on, how you going to let them lose to the same team in back to back season finales. Anyway I am also going to give this a Very Good.

Unfortunately they didn't mention that for the rest of the tournament, no other team could even come close to Suzuridani in terms of score, so that goes to show just how good the Keishin girls are.

And this is how the light novels ended so sadly there won't be any more loli basketball Sad Well it was a nice ride.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

And this is how the light novels ended so sadly there won't be any more loli basketball Sad Well it was a nice ride.

Really??!!!! Evil or Very Mad That sucks.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
The author is doing some loli musician novels now.
Too bad after RKB SS was restriced as much as it was already (practically no explicit fanservice), there's no chance it getting an adaptation.
SaiyanYasha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Anime smile I hate to say this, but i have a crush for Tomoka. in fact, most of the girls in Ro kyu bu! I have a crush on, nor just Tomoka, but i also have the hots for Mihoshi Takamura not just because of her hair and her feisty attitude, but her comedic actions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4