• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:26 pm Reply with quote
joepz wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
We like the new website, except for one big thing - the past Order History list.

We've had some correspondence with Rightstuf about it that goes something like this:

I'd like to add that another aspect of this "new" TRSI is that it is extremely discomforting to deal with the new packing lists that accompany a shipment.

In the past, the list would detail what was shipped, in addition to what items from that order are still back ordered (now irrelevant since TRSI only ships an order if it can be shipped complete). But what was also listed was the total charged for that shipment.

This is incorrect. We are running partial shipments now.

I understand people are interested in having pricing back on the slips. We figured people had this data from their orders and wouldn't need this information again (many companies do not include pricing on pack slips for various reasons) but I understand that this is something people are interested in so it is on the to-do list. As we are in holiday we're not really pushing out code updates right now, but development is still occurring in the background.

Quote:

I don't know who sold Shawn on this new system, but it is MARKEDLY inferior to the previous one.

I would disagree only in that this system will allow us to continue to develop and add new features, and the old one was stalled and had deprecated components that would most certainly be a future security concern. However, I understand your concerns and we are actively working to develop as we go, and have a good sized list of customer suggestions. We've already implemented many of them, but there are many more to do. Smile

Last edited by shawnek on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:30 pm Reply with quote
[quote="joepz"]

Quote:
I found out that TRSI doesn't ship anything from an order any more until the entire order can be fulfilled when I wondered why I hadn't gotten some items that had been released *months* prior. I called customer service and was told that the *one* item on the order that was still not released was the reason, and that they were no longer sending partial orders. *This* is what makes pre-ordering from TRSI now foolhardy. In the past, when there was a manufacturer sale (Viz, Funimation, etc.) I'd go through the entire catalog for that manufacturer and order up a storm, but then go to the pre-order list and possibly add one or two items from a DVD/Manga series I was collecting. It would be silly do anything like that now.

When did you get this information, as it is incorrect?

We did tell people this summer that we were not partialling, as we had an issue within the partial shipping code, which has since been corrected. I have seen thousands of partial shipments go out over the last couple of weeks, so I know it's happening.

It's possible the customer care rep gave you wrong information or wasn't clear, and if that's the case I do apologize. We're back on track in this area, and honestly it's even better because it's ALWAYS going to look to ship you everything it possibly can whenever there's a partial - and even whenever there's a complete order too. Whenever a shipment goes to you, it will drag every item committed every time.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 pm Reply with quote
joepz wrote:
You must be getting different emails. Mine most certainly do *not* include any mention of price/cost of any item being sent. I just received a shipment email for Sword Art Online vol 3. As is now the practice, no mention of any cost associated with the shipment.

I believe he was referring to the order acknowledgement email, not shipping confirmation emails. It is correct pricing is not included on these. I've got that on the development list as I have mentioned above.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:

That said I definitely feel your pain. I've been avoiding placing more orders at RightStuf and focusing on picking up OOP stuff because the system is not quite all smoothed out yet. I really need counters brought back (I think they said its on a list of things to bring back), its gotten better but still doesn't work great in FireFox, GotAnime doesn't always seem to be applying the right discount on the website. In time things will get better and people will get used to the new site.

I have to be honest, I do find it interesting how many people are concerned about the counters. Is this because people wait to buy and buy only when there are only a couple of units left? (Not being snarky, as we will get the counters working again, but this behavior has me a bit perplexed)

GotAnime should be working properly. If it is not, I'd like to get the details from you. There was a bug we squashed where membership expirations were moving customers to full retail instead of normal online price. We're also looking to expand the items that are eligible for the membership, although the extra discount on these may be less than 10% (but they will still have an extra discount versus the regular price.)

We're back to being able to ship consistently and partial consistently. Making good progress, and there are a lot of new features available. Some things we need to get ironed out and back in the new platform, but it's only a matter of time. Developers are happy to have a medium where they can grow, and realize that people are anxious to have some things back that were there before.
joepz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Shawn, thank you the replies.

The issue with my Ladies/Butlers DVD was resolved when I called Customer Service this morning. Of course it will take a few days for the refund between the cost I was charged and *should* have been to show up at my CC website.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
joepz wrote:

The issue with my Ladies/Butlers DVD was resolved when I called Customer Service this morning. Of course it will take a few days for the refund between the cost I was charged and *should* have been to show up at my CC website.
\

I do apologize for the trouble. If you want to email me your order details, I'd like to have a look at what happened and see if it was simply from conversion or what the reason was. There was a price decrease on the item and I am wondering if your price simply didn't get updated or something.

Thanks.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:49 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Dessa wrote:
We were one of the people caught in the partial shipping glitch. It was one in-stock item, 2 pre-order items (different dates), and one backstocked item. They sent out the in-stock and one of the pre-order (early!) items, but we ended up charged for the ENTIRE order, not just what was shipped. I know there were problems with shipping charges being wrongly applied, too, but ours didn't have that problem.

Just verifying this was all fixed up for you. I think we've reached the point where the bugs are handled, but if we made an error I want to make absolutely sure it has been corrected.

Yup! I think you helped me out further with it, too, since there was such a delay in getting the backordered item, and I wanted my Log Horizon novel!
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
I have to be honest, I do find it interesting how many people are concerned about the counters. Is this because people wait to buy and buy only when there are only a couple of units left? (Not being snarky, as we will get the counters working again, but this behavior has me a bit perplexed)

For me, it's two-fold. One, if I'm not sure if I want something, a counter warns me how long I have to make my decision. Two, if I'm trying to build a big enough order for free shipping, it tells me how fast I have to build my order or risk not getting it.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Since I mentioned it here I will note that shawnek contacted me and my delayed shipment has been taken care of.

Good service.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
I really need counters brought back (I think they said its on a list of things to bring back), its gotten better but still doesn't work great in FireFox, GotAnime doesn't always seem to be applying the right discount on the website. In time things will get better and people will get used to the new site.
Well and I'm not being snarky either, but the reason is because I budget myself. I don't buy everything I want all at once. Anime and manga aren't the only things I buy (groceries are nice from time to time). I have lists of things I'm interested in and some items may be bought sooner because of a sale, thereby pushing back other things on my lists to a latter time and a counter is the same. It ups the priority, "oh, heck there's only 50 of those left people are probably going to jump on it (if its fairly popular) I should pick it up now and wait on something else for a later date". And no I don't wait till there's only like 5 units left (not an adrenaline junkie Laughing ). Now if I bought everything I wanted all at once, all the time then I wouldn't need counters or lists for that matter. Now I know that you as a retailer want me to buy a lot as often as possible, but I'm just going to have to resist that and do my best to stick to my budget. Wink

Quote:
GotAnime should be working properly. If it is not, I'd like to get the details from you. There was a bug we squashed where membership expirations were moving customers to full retail instead of normal online price.
Ok, here's some examples from the website. If GITS: Arise Set 2 is listed at non-member price of $29.99 shouldn't the discount be $2.99 (it says $2.00) for a Member price of $27 (says 27.99)? If Black Lagoon Premium Ed is listed at $67.49 shouldn't discount be $6.75 (it says $4.50) for a Member price of $60.74 (says 62.99)? I've seen this a few times, here's some screen shots:

I also pointed out on page 9 of this thread that some of the emails I've gotten advertising sales seem to have had the wrong discounted price. I think I've gotten 2 ads in total that I noticed this.

I think someone else brought it up, but like to mention that lists don't seem to want to be in alphabetical order in FF. Logging in is still a 3 step process in FF (for me at least). If I'm on the front page I click up top on the account (1), which then takes me to the sign-in page (2), that takes my info but it doesn't redirect and I can't access the account from the drop down up top so this requires me to go back to front page (3) and use drop down menu there and voila!

Last edited by One-Eye on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
joepz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
joepz wrote:

\

I do apologize for the trouble. If you want to email me your order details, I'd like to have a look at what happened and see if it was simply from conversion or what the reason was. There was a price decrease on the item and I am wondering if your price simply didn't get updated or something.

Thanks.

The DVD had its release date changed constantly. In the changeover to the new system this final item from an order that had everything else fulfilled long ago probably had its "Got Anime" benefit separated from it. I'm sure the refund will be properly processed.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:19 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

That said I definitely feel your pain. I've been avoiding placing more orders at RightStuf and focusing on picking up OOP stuff because the system is not quite all smoothed out yet. I really need counters brought back (I think they said its on a list of things to bring back), its gotten better but still doesn't work great in FireFox, GotAnime doesn't always seem to be applying the right discount on the website. In time things will get better and people will get used to the new site.

I thought i'd comment on this also as I'm a primary Rightstuf user. Instances where I'd care about a counter. I mean all the examples are not common in my opinion, but it's why I personally care about them.

1) Expensive Limited Edition sets - Kara no Kyoukai bluray box-set is a perfect example. An import box set or product that has a very high price with a limited quantity. It's something to hem and haw over buying or as someone else mentioned, budget for. As a consumer you know there will only be a limited quantity. Even if there is a future reprint, it may not be a LE set.

2) Shows I'm on the fence of buying. - I buy anime almost every month for X amount of dollars each month. Shows have certaint priorities in when I want to get them. If I notice the counter starts ticking, I change my priority out of fear I won't be able to get it again. Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 is a personal example of this. I was so annoyed with Endless Eight I (watched it as it aired) that I really procrastinating buying this title.

3) It's a DVD only release - I've pretty much stopped buying dvd only releases. Even if it takes another 1-2 yrs for the bluray to come out, i'd rather not double dip. There are instances though where there's a show on DVD that starts getting into a counter state and I don't imagine a bluray release or im afraid the product will get into a licensing fight, i'll be more opt to buy a dvd only release.

4) I own the show already but it has a great price to recommend to a friend - Although a rare instance, it's a way to share with someone else "Hey I know you only rarely buy anime, but this show is great and maybe going out of print".
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

We like the new website, except for one big thing - the past Order History list.

We've had some correspondence with Rightstuf about it that goes something like this:

• I see that our Order History now goes back up to 2013. Would the rest of our Order History be added? And if so, is it soon?

The reason I'm asking is because I have Order History that goes back a decade, and for the Rightstuf Holiday Sale, I want to avoid unintentionally ordering the same item twice. But Rightstuf's website can't let me know if I already ordered something in the past unless my whole Order History is available. That's why I really appreciated Rightstuf's old Order History list since it showed all my past orders all at once (especially quick with a web-browser keyword search).

• So I take it that no more past Order History beyond 2013 will be added
    anymore in the future?
    That's quite unfortunate - Rightstuf's old Order History was very useful
    in double-checking past purchases and avoiding duplicate purchases.

This actually makes me more reluctant to buy some Holiday Sale items
    because I have to make sure first that I didn't already purchase it before
    (and that entails having to search through my boxes of anime stuff,
    when before I could just easily search through Rightstuf's old
    Order History list that goes back many years to a decade).

I hope you guys reconsider and add the rest of all our past Order History.
    Please let your boss Mr. Shawne Kleckner know it'd be greatly appreciated.
    That complete list of past Order History makes us coming back to shop at
    Rightstuf year after year because we know we can rely on it.
    (For reference, Amazon keeps all our Order History through the years.)

Amazon also didn't make a change from one system to another. Sad

If you'd like, customer care can dump you a spreadsheet of every item you had ordered before June 2015 that you can have for reference. We're also looking at perhaps adding a list to the site where you can mark what you already own regardless of whether you purchased it from us or not. Would that be helpful?

Hello Mr. Kleckner,

Thanks yes, either one would be quite helpful sir. So then I'll ask the customer rep about it on our next email.

shawnek wrote:

We're continuing to work on lots of items for the new site, but I don't know that I'm going to go back in time to try to run imports pre 2013, want to focus more on getting features for people they are looking for in terms of development hours.

I see. We were hoping that the new system was chosen with the capability to (auto) import all past history in mind. Still we wouldn't had been averse to printing out the purchase history ourselves prior if we had known it wouldn't be carried over onto the new system.

Other than this, we quite like the new site. Oh, and there's also the small issue that the My (Product) Lists cannot seem to be renamed or the whole thing deleted after it's created. So thanks for the good work and Happy Thanksgiving to you and the whole staff.
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Two days ago I made my first order from the new site and everything went well. The ordering and check-out were simple and easy.

I do have one minor complaint.
When I look at the order in my order history I do not see the availability status of the items. I have to go to each item page to confirm that it is in stock. This is also one of the complaints that I have about the product lists.

This is something that I think was done better on the old site.
I hope that you can add the availability to the items on the orders and product lists.

Other than some small problems I am starting to adjust and get comfortable with the new site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Budgets for me as well. I can't always afford what I want when I want it on a minimum wage income and it might have to sit in one of those custom lists for a few months.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 17