• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekai Project, DEADFACTORY's Yohjo Simulator Game Removed from Steam

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
partially wrote:
IanC wrote:
Valve wanted an age gate. Sekai Project don't. They will "lose sales" (bullshit). So it's getting edited before it gets put back on sale so it won't need an age gate.

It's a dumb title, just like that stupid Goat Simulator. But it deserves better than Sekai Project.

Really? I would like to see proof. Plenty of Sekai Project's releases have age gates. I don't see them insisting on not having one for a silly stunt project like this.

Yay I am sorry but I also don't buy this age gate argument as it exist in the status que for about a third of their games so......
XSp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Is this a doujin game coming directly from Comiket? Not too sure if Steam is ready for this, despite some exceptions... xD
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I just talked to a friend of mine and he said Jacksepticeye had a lets play of the game that has the spoiler[dead girl and guy in it ]
here is a link of the lets play right before it shows the extremely creepy thing in question
https://youtu.be/6En8nl8nC6U?t=4m24s

that would be a good reason to remove the game though...
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Giving a guess - it's removed due a conflict violation of intellectual property rights? Seriously, if developers making a real clone of the game (and this is completely a copy of Goat Simulator), they shouldn't make it so blatant copied.

Heck, even the title font and color is identical.

Maybe there's copyright violation, but the copying of Goat Simiulator (and all other simulators) is a good portion of Steam and Steam Greenlight. That doesn't seem to be an issue.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I just talked to a friend of mine and he said Jacksepticeye had a lets play of the game that has the spoiler[dead girl and guy in it ]
here is a link of the lets play right before it shows the extremely creepy thing in question
https://youtu.be/6En8nl8nC6U?t=4m24s

that would be a good reason to remove the game though...

Speaking of copycats. Is this guy doing a Pewdiepie? Why's he screaming into a microphone?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:10 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I heard people saying they were going to buy this game as a 'protest against censorship'. I don't know about you, but I think that's absolutely hilarious.

Me too, especially because it was never actually confirmed that Valve took the game down. It could have been the developer or publisher.

It actually presents a really easy way to make money. Make a really terrible game, make up a fake sob story about how it was Censored (criticized), be deliberately inflammatory/hostile for no reason (cough cough playasia) and then instant profit.

Yeah but it's the games about dealing with depression or searching your childhood home for clues about what happened to your family thats the problem according to some.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2