• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Adaptation Wins Korean TV Drama Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
That's great. The Nodame Cantabile live action is the best dorama I've seen and I have seen some good ones. It really captures the manga in a perfect way that I would never have expected a live action to be able to do, since some manga behaviours/expressions just seem so exaggerated.

I am sad that the lead actress didn't win however, since in many ways she is the big stand-out performance because Nodame is such a crazy character. However the lead male was also excellent and does a wonderful job as well, so it's good to see him win.

More people really need to see this show. I find it to be much better than the anime (though admittedly I saw the live action first and so that might be a factor) and watching it is just such a fun experience.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
That's great. The Nodame Cantabile live action is the best dorama I've seen and I have seen some good ones. It really captures the manga in a perfect way that I would never have expected a live action to be able to do, since some manga behaviours/expressions just seem so exaggerated.

I am sad that the lead actress didn't win however, since in many ways she is the big stand-out performance because Nodame is such a crazy character. However the lead male was also excellent and does a wonderful job as well, so it's good to see him win.

More people really need to see this show. I find it to be much better than the anime (though admittedly I saw the live action first and so that might be a factor) and watching it is just such a fun experience.
Really, Nodame happens to be one of my favorite dramas ever because the actors and actresses, especially Ueno Juri, just brought so much character to the screen. There wasn't ever a dull moment and the series had my attention start to finish.

It makes classical music, fun! Ueno Juri made Nodame so real for me.

I also enjoyed her role in Swing Girls; she does her job well.
roujin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the Nodame drama is definitely one of the best ones I've seen. But really it's not like there's a wealth of good competition out there since most dramas ... kind of blow.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
I don't know about that, I've seen some that were also really good: Mars and Hana Yori Dango come to mind. But Nodame definitely outclasses them IMO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1