• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer Film Posts 8 Minutes of Footage Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yadilie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
Wunderbar! This looks like its gonna be great fun to watch.
Seska1973

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
Wunderbar!

The Tank Fights and Tactic looks good. And also no sight of Uncanny Valley so far
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
So the clip that was chosen to be uploaded for public view contains a skirmish where the Chihatan Academy, the team which fields all Japanese tanks, attempts a quick strike at the front of the St Gloriana line and they just get demolished like nothing.

How in the world can there be people who thinks that Japanese nationalism is one of the reasons for GuP popularity? The Japanese tanks are by far the worst performing tanks for Ooarai. The Type 89's moment of fame was being the flag tank and barely being able to dodge all the incoming fire from Pravda. The Type 3's moment of fame was taking an incoming shot from a Kuromorimine Tiger tank.

Japanese tanks were terrible. Girls und Panzer knows this. That's why it's always the German tanks that do most of the damage. How in the world someone could think that a show that shows the complete inferiority of the Japanese war machine could be actually increasing a sense of nationalism is just nonsense, and yet you wouldn't believe the number of times I've read that very point.
animefan1238

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:32 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Japanese tanks were terrible. Girls und Panzer knows this. That's why it's always the German tanks that do most of the damage. How in the world someone could think that a show that shows the complete inferiority of the Japanese war machine could be actually increasing a sense of nationalism is just nonsense, and yet you wouldn't believe the number of times I've read that very point.

If my brother (who's a WWII history buff) saw this he would facepalm at how bad it is that Japanese tanks win. LoL.

I agree they were awful tanks and that it shows nationalism on their front even though they know how bad they were. I had to choose a tank it's be German hands down. They build some of the best during that time. However, it doesn't stop me watching the show. It's a fun show to just relax and watch it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
Germany was allied with Japan, so by extension......... Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1