• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime Reveals More Cast, April Premiere Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
In fairness to "Soul Eater Not," it wasn't the animation people had a problem with. It was turning the series into a "K-On!" rip-off instead of doing a proper adaptation of the manga, which had already ended at that point.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm talking specifically about the webms I saw, and isn't Soul Eater Not! a manga of its own right anyway?
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
I understand people's concerns, but you have to realize this is BONES. You also need to realize that the 2 main funders of this project are the two main funders of Blood Blockade Battlefront, TOHO and Shueisha. Also, the director prides himself on great quality 2d focused animation, and from what I've learned BONES are beginning to turn animation production into 2d digital (I believe Concrete and Space Dandy were already done in 2d digital) which is great because 2d digital is much more fluid than 2d traditional. (obvious examples are recent ufotable series and One Punch Man) so I honestly don't think ye should be worried about it. Art seems to be done really loosely and sketchy and as an artist turning animator with a similar style, I can assure you that that will result in some pretty spectacular animation.

As for rushing, I don't know why BONES are so famous for rushing. They put making ANIME before making ADAPTATIONS. A perfect example of what I'm saying is BBB. They adapted 3/4 of a volume in single episodes. That's alot. BUT, they didn't cut a single thing and its suited the series perfectly. The series is crazy and weird, so crazy pacing just felt right. If they feel a series needs fast pacing or slow that's what they'll give it. They don't sacrifice its quality of being an anime for adaptations sake.

As for anime-original, dunno about you guys but I think BONES are by far the best studio for anime original in adaptations. I was a massive fan of BBB before the anime came out, and I can honestly say that the anime original content in that easily trampled all the writing in the manga.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, don't be afraid because of this. Believe in BONES. Don't shit your pants in every announcment they make, its not even worth that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2