• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote
#846844 wrote:
Tomotaka TAKEUCHI(52023) is the same person as Takashi TAKEUCHI(18048)

even 18048 page say that his birth name is Tomotaka Takeuchi

Unless this is person is working under an alias (producing under one name, designing characters under another) than it might be a coincidence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
#846844 wrote:
Tomotaka TAKEUCHI(52023) is the same person as Takashi TAKEUCHI(18048)

even 18048 page say that his birth name is Tomotaka Takeuchi

Unless this is person is working under an alias (producing under one name, designing characters under another) than it might be a coincidence.

It might be but the Japanese wiki says that Takashi Takeuchi is the original character designer for Fate/KnK and also the producer for them

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/武内崇
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:

Takashi Takeuchi is one of the founders of Type-Moon (in addition to being character designer for some of their games), and "Notes" is apparently their official name as a company (the first line on their Wikipedia entry says that Type-Moon is a "game brand" of Notes). Tomotaka Takeuchi is a producer for "Notes" on all of the Type-Moon adaptations in which they are on the production committee. So they should indeed be one and the same.

On a side note, the Street Fighter Alpha photography credit on Takashi is obviously someone else, though I'll need to find the kanji for him to have any clue on what to do there.
basharab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
The entry for Natsuko HEIUCHI is conflating two individuals:
塀内夏子 is a (Manga creator).
塀内 夏子 is a (Background Art), source:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/おはよう!スパンク

Kindly create new anime staff for: Natsuko HEIUCHI, as (Background Art).

Regards,
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:14 am Reply with quote
person#25322

Those two names are identical (other than the space) and your source.. just lists the name. It's not implausible for an artist to be able to draw both backgrounds and manga.

Other readings for the surname in JMnedict are Heinai and Heuchi.

There is a wiki page for the Mangaka which seems to confirm the name reading: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/塀内夏子
Our DOB is for this person. They have a personal site. They do make one mention of Tetsujin-28, but not with regards to having worked on it as far as I can make out?

Your source for the the background credit for New Gigantor doesn't actually seem to mention her at all?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I.

Matt Mitler (main name) and
Matthew Mitler

He is mainly known as "Matt" despite "Matthew" being his full name.

II.

Kyoko Minami (real name) and Kyoko Nishi (mistake)

"Kyoko Nishi" exists as a result of Central Park Media mistranslating 南 in "南 杏子" (Kyoko Minami) in Domain of Murder's credits.

III.

Ayaka Yamashita and Ayaka Horio (mistake)

"Ayaka Horio" exists, again, as a result of Central Park Media's mistranslating the family name (山下) for Ayaka in The World of Narue.

IV. Bella Hudson (correct name) and Bella Husdon (mistake)

Simple misspelling.

V. Roxanne Beck (main name) [includes Annie Pondel within it] and Annie Pandel (mistake)

"Annie Pandel" is a misspelling of Beck's main alias, Annie Pondel.

VI. Doron Bell Jr. (main name) and Doron Bell, Jr.

The names are only different by the inclusion of a comma (,) before "Jr." He is also credited without the comma in Voltron Force's credits.
UseY0ur1llusi0n

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Not going all out with anything here, just posting a few errors I'd like to see get taken care of.

Eric Davies (#65970) (misspelling of Erik Davies)

Spraky Thornton (#28392) (misspelling of Sparky Thornton)

Melodee M Spevack (#143728) (misspelling of Melodee M. Spevack)

Richard Mire (#31732) (misspelling of Richard Miro)

Bill Basset (#40225) (misspelling of Bill Bassett, an alternate spelling of William Bassett)

Doug Rye (alternate spelling of Douglas Rye)

Grant Albrecht (alternate spelling of Grant J. Albrecht)

Merging those last three would be most appreciated.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
UseY0ur1llusi0n wrote:

Grant Albrecht (alternate spelling of Grant J. Albrecht)

His full name is "J. Grant Albrecht" according to IMDb, so the "J." being a middle initial as seen in the Cowboy Bebop movie credits could be an error. IMDb also seems to imply he's most often credited as just "Grant Albrecht".
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
#821600 wrote:

He is mainly known as "Matt" despite "Matthew" being his full name.

Any proof on this? Checking my sets of the Pokemon Indigo League, he's actually credited as "Matthew Mitler".

Quote:
"Kyoko Nishi" exists as a result of Central Park Media mistranslating 南 in "南 杏子" (Kyoko Minami) in Domain of Murder's credits.

Quote:
"Ayaka Horio" exists, again, as a result of Central Park Media's mistranslating the family name (山下) for Ayaka in The World of Narue.

I don't want to merge these because they're not misspellings or even legitimate misreadings of the kanji, and someone else with the actual name may come up later. In the first case, they must have mistaken the family name kanji for a different kanji (probably 西 ). In the second case, there is someone else in the cast with the family name "Horio", so it's likely that other person's name got accidentally attached.
UseY0ur1llusi0n

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
His full name is "J. Grant Albrecht" according to IMDb, so the "J." being a middle initial as seen in the Cowboy Bebop movie credits could be an error. IMDb also seems to imply he's most often credited as just "Grant Albrecht".

You're probably right. As far as I know, he was only credited as "Grant J. Albrecht" once, and that was for the Bebop movie--in which I saw the credits list Mike Reynolds as "Mike L. Reynolds" (Michael Lee Reynolds) so I sort of went with it.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote
Erik Kimerer and Erik Scott Kimerer. Given that he's being credited as Erik Scott Kimerer, the latter should be the default (also, today's Gundam news links to the blank latter one ^^;).
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:

Any proof on this? Checking my sets of the Pokemon Indigo League, he's actually credited as "Matthew Mitler".

Yes, but he's also credited as "Matt Mitler" in his episode appearances in the Battle Frontier season.

As the director of Dzieci Theatre, he is also regularly addressed as "Matt" rather than "Matthew," as seen on this pages and interviews:

http://dziecitheatre.org/
http://www.beatbrooklyn.com/an-interview-with-theatre-group-dziecis-matt-mitler/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uAKMdy_yN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0NJmagpDDA
http://www.energysculptor-blog.com/how-matt-mitler-energised-and-challenged-my-life/

EmperorBrandon wrote:
I don't want to merge these because they're not misspellings or even legitimate misreadings of the kanji, and someone else with the actual name may come up later. In the first case, they must have mistaken the family name kanji for a different kanji (probably 西 ). In the second case, there is someone else in the cast with the family name "Horio", so it's likely that other person's name got accidentally attached.

Why not? It's not as if two people with the same name on this site is unprecedented. Additionally, it's not like the person's name is part of the URL so that it can only be used once. It's just another number ID. If a genuine "Ayaka Yamashita" or "Kyoko Nishi" ever does come to be someone'll add their first entry like the thousands that came before them. Until then, errors such as the above two should be addressed accordingly, since they are, after all, errors, with no practical use other than to confuse and distract people from the truth.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:42 pm Reply with quote
UseY0ur1llusi0n: Before I do the Rye and Bassett mergers I need to know how often the variations appear in the anime credits. With Doug and Douglas, is one much more common or are they about equally common? And has Bassett ever been credited as "William" at all in anime (the one entry he does have is, as you note in an error report, not the name he was credited as in the movie)?

#821600 wrote:

Why not? It's not as if two people with the same name on this site is unprecedented. Additionally, it's not like the person's name is part of the URL so that it can only be used once. It's just another number ID. If a genuine "Ayaka Yamashita" or "Kyoko Nishi" ever does come to be someone'll add their first entry like the thousands that came before them. Until then, errors such as the above two should be addressed accordingly, since they are, after all, errors, with no practical use other than to confuse and distract people from the truth.

If I go ahead and merge them, what will happen is that if anyone attempts to add a genuine "Ayaka Horio" or "Kyoko Nishi" later then it will end up falsely displayed as the person I merged them to. A user cannot create a new entry for someone with the exact same name. They would have to inform an encyclopedia editor to have the entry split into a new one.

I would be OK with doing a merger if it was a mistaken spelling or reading likely to happen again, but these are rather specific errors that probably won't. There's not much issue with leaving them like they are right now. The false credits have been marked as false. If anyone sees the CPM credits and attempts to enter the same information, they will be prevented from doing so and get a warning showing why (so if there's any confusion, it won't last past that point). The "Ayaka Horio" and "Kyoko Nishi" entries are now blank to regular users and they're not going to come across them unless they follow the links in this thread (in which case they will already be aware of the situation) or specifically search for them.
basharab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
Dear ANN,

Kindly note that the anime staff: (Kiyomu FUKUDA) and (Kyomu FUKUDA) are the same person, he has two names in the anime.

Please make one page for the two names, just same as you did in: Cindy H. YAMAUCHI.

Source: http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/?cmd=word&word=太陽の使者 鉄人28号&type=normal&page=福田きよむ

Regards,
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:27 am Reply with quote
I. Katie Leigh (person#6873) (real name) and Kate Levine (person#50253) (alias)

Leigh lists her role in Viewtiful Joe on the credit list on her official website (http://katieleigh.com/wordpress/credits/), thereby dispelling any taboo in the notion of making Levine a sub-set of Leigh.

II. Ellyn Stern (person#3043) (real name) and Helen Storm (person#10974) (alias)

Stern includes roles she was credited under the "Helen Storm" name for (Armitage III, Fighting Spirit, Galerians, Patlabor 3, and Shadow Hearts: Covenant) on her official website resume (http://ellynstern.com/vo_resume.html). Again, making Storm a subset of Stern shouldn't be an issue.

III. Ayumu Murase (person#113308) (correct spelling) and Ayumu Murasae (person#108481) (variation)

Both roles credited to "Murasae" in Kids on the Slope are credited to "村瀬 歩" in the Japanese credit sets. Additionally, Sakamichi no Apollon (坂道のアポロン) is included on Murase's talent agency profile (http://vims.co.jp/talent_profile_detail.php?id=11).

IV. Jenny Larson (correct name) (person#17710) and Jenny M. Larson (technically incorrect name) (person#13630)

Larson is credited as simply "Jenny Larson" for her role of Sakura Shinguji in the ending credits of "Sakura Wars (TV)." The "Jenny M. Larson" name is therefore more relevant as a more complete name for "Jenny Larson."

V. Robert O'Gorman (person#3883) (real name) and Leo Gorman (person#17138) (alias)

O'Gorman includes his role of Crump from the Virtual World/"Enter the Shadow Realm" arc of YuGiOh (i.e. when he took the form of Nightmare Penguin) on his official website (http://www.robertogorman.com/) (Click "Film/Television Work" for the listing"). During that set of episodes the end credits listed "Leo Gorman" amongst the cast as opposed to "Robert O'Gorman."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 90 of 144