• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, December 14-20

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
Not surprised by the colossal numbers related to Love Live Laughing
But on a side note, i'm quite surprised by how well Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- fared; for a anime promoting a game, that is.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Love Live crushing everything I know they would get the number one spot but not by 200k
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:
I ordered the Love Live movie weeks ago and they sent it the 14th... still hasn't arrived and Christmas is almost heeeere! I need my gift!

Amazing that Love Live's the number 1 and the number 3! Very well done!

Also, Yuru Yuri San Hai! is 11th. Nice! And Valkyrie Drive, Gintama and School-live! I'm satisfied.

Valkyrie drive did rather badly tho.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Love Live domination! Sound gonna Sound! Go tri.! Valkryia Drive on PS Vita compared to home release is well...you know(please don't misinterpret this).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Shaun the Sheep! Smile

CallumKeyblade wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:

Definitely the power of the code inside to apply for a ticket to the fins concert. More people are going to be double/triple more buying for just that reason.

Yeah, I saw someone on Twitter had bought 40 copies which is just insane. The dedication of Love Live! fans is on another level.

And then used-video shops would be flooded of these. Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
RitsuLaw wrote:
But on a side note, i'm quite surprised by how well Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- fared; for a anime promoting a game, that is.

What are you talking about? VDM's numbers are goddamn awful. That it's promoting a game is irrelevant, purely original zero-tie-in anime that were less interesting than this have sold better in the past. These numbers guarantee no second season because there's no chance the games will sell well enough.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Love Live! killing it and that's how it should be.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:
I ordered the Love Live movie weeks ago and they sent it the 14th... still hasn't arrived and Christmas is almost heeeere! I need my gift!

Amazing that Love Live's the number 1 and the number 3! Very well done!

Also, Yuru Yuri San Hai! is 11th. Nice! And Valkyrie Drive, Gintama and School-live! I'm satisfied.

You're looking at the place number, not the sales number. The sales for Valkyrie Drive and School-Live! were terrible.

I'm currently watching School Live, and i'm really enjoying it. But I guess Japan doesn't like zombies mixed in with their moe anime girls.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:
Stretching the meaning of limited edition there.

The store exclusive limited editions are pretty much sold out everywhere now though, so if you consider time the more important aspect of a limited edition, it's been pretty limited. You'll be hard pressed to find the Amazon Exclusive for less than 16,000 yen now.

Yuri Fan wrote:

Where'd you order from and what kind of shipping did you choose? I don't think it should be taking this long unless you ordered from an obscure store somewhere and chose a really slow shipping method. If you ordered through Amazon Japan, it should have gotten to you a week ago. (

I ordered it from yesasia because I got a 5 $ gift coupon... Should have ordered from Amazon. No use crying over spilt milk, though.

So School-Live didn't sell well? That's weird, since I thought it was really popular. My mistake.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:

So School-Live didn't sell well? That's weird, since I thought it was really popular. My mistake.

IIRC the manga got a big sales boost thanks to the anime, but the series itself sold pretty badly.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I believe Love Live! has done well because it's still fondly remembered for its first season, which was located around Akihabara and used many well-known landmarks around Akihabara and nearby Kanda in the series, so the places are familiar to many viewers in Japan.
Suncraft

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:24 am Reply with quote
People seem to be forgetting Love Live has a massive userbase playing their mobile game, Love Live School Idol Festival. It's a good game, or at least a bit addicting. I play it, and millions of others do too. We also spend packs of $50 on loveca(love gems) for pulls and events in game.

The current Nico event is a blood bath. Good luck to anyone trying to tier-1.

Those playing the game are bombarded with the characters and songs every day. We obviously get a bit attached, so buying a hardcopy of something huge like the Love Live movie is definitely something a lot will do. I haven't yet, but I might.

Comes as no surprise that Love Live can outshine Disney in their own territory. In fact I'm surprised it didn't sell more than that, though it's only the first week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2