• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Girls aim for the Wilderness ~ Girls Beyond the Youth KOYA ~

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:47 am Reply with quote
Reading the synopsis...

Hmmmmmm.....this feels strangely similar to Seakano: how to raise a boring heroine. Maybe it's just me...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...who has an unapproachable, sagacious beauty. Likes black clothes, such that her personal clothes are also black.

Who writes these things anyway? She likes black clothes, so...she wears black clothes. Good for her, I guess? And one might be a sagacious beauty but beauty itself is not wise or shrewd. As for "based on the logic of selling well," I have no idea what that even means.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quote
Well, the blurbs on this one (and I'm guessing all of these Spotlights) look like they were pretty literally translated from Japanese.

Another miss for me (Norn9 being the first), but maybe others will find this sort of show to their liking.
gustave154

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote
I'm very hyped for this anime. Saekano is one of my favourite anime last year so its my cup of tea. Tanaka Romeo never disappoints.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
Whoever is writing this seriously needs to do a proper translation rather than a literal translation of the Japanese text.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
gustave154 wrote:
I'm very hyped for this anime. Saekano is one of my favourite anime last year so its my cup of tea. Tanaka Romeo never disappoints.

it alos has takahiro, which is what sold this anime to me.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Did I step in a time-warp? I can't recall the last time I heard a character described as "groovy". Is he also "shagadelic"?

Teruha "has touched computers from long ago". Has she undergone treatment and apologized to her victims? Or does this mean she only likes to fondle old machines. Is it safe for me to watch this on a laptop? Twisted Evil

And it is good to know Yuka is live, it would be difficult for her to relate to the rest of the case if she was on tape-delay.

Yes, I had to come to work today and I am bored.

I for one hope they keep these kind of translations as they are very amusing and all the information you need is actually there once you learn how to read them.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
OldCharlieStoletheHandle wrote:
And it is good to know Yuka is live, it would be difficult for her to relate to the rest of the case if she was on tape-delay.

I had to go back and re-read to see what you were talking about. I think they meant she's lively and hyperactive, but when I first read that "she moves around a lot," I thought she changed residences frequently. Laughing And I forgot to mention "groovy," which made me blink.

You're right, they are kind of entertaining, as long as they're at least decipherable enough to know what they were trying to say. Which they often aren't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1