• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Incorrect Episode Title Format?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote
Hi. I have been submitting episode titles for the following series, but am not sure if the format is being followed correctly.

anime#16943
anime#17449
anime#17083
anime#17386
anime#17260
anime#16827

According to the instructions from the encyclopedia about submitting episode titles, I am making sure to number both English, Japanese romaji, and Japanese kanji for episode titles. However I have noticed that some of the titles will have the romaji versions show above the English titles, and comparing my entries to other prominent series the English titles always seems to be on top for anime series. If there is confusion about my explanation I will glad to submit a screenshot. I'd just like to get this cleared before I try to add more titles. If there is something I am doing wrong please advise as well.

Thank you all for your time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
It looks like those entries are missing the "JP: " in front of the romaji and kanji titles. That's something the person uploading the titles has to put in manually. If it's missing, the title is treated as an English title, and the titles get sorted alphabetically.

So currently you probably have:

1. Starting School! Titan Junior High School
1. Nyuugaku Kyojin chuugakkou
1. 入学!巨人中学校

when it should be:

1. Starting School! Titan Junior High School
1. JP: Nyuugaku Kyojin chuugakkou
1. JP: 入学!巨人中学校

when you submit the titles.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hi, thank you very much for the information. I will make corrections to those as soon as possible.

Thanks again!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
traitorAIZEN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote
If you're not gonna complete it, don't start it. It gets confusing for me when I add episode titles for seasonal animes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1