• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Kizumonogatari Film to Open in US Theaters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Are they going to be charging full price theater ticket for a 60 minute movie? Well, I'm sure there's enough Monogatari/Shaft fans who are willing to pay that, so might as well.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I would so like to watching this theater but I it wont be around where I am
Kreion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:05 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Barbobot wrote:
Now this means I have a lot of catching up to do so I'm ready to see this in theaters. I've still only seen Bake, Nise, and Neko Black/White.

Since the novel it's based on was only the second title released (after the two volumes of Bakemonogatari) and it takes place chronologically before Neko Black and Bake, I assume you won't need to do any catching up to be ready.

Yes, if you want to watch this in release order, then watching it after Bake is pretty much perfect. It doesn't really fit in anywhere else as well aside from maybe around Neko Black or after Owari if you treat it as going back to the start at the end of the series.
Mirri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Sweet! Very Happy

I'll read the novel and hopefully get to see how it compares to the movie.

*crosses fingers for Buffalo*

The screening room seems to have a solid track record of releasing everything AoA pushes, so I think we'll see it in Buffalo Smile
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote
It's doubtful it'll be in as many theaters as some of the more recent well-followed franchises.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
It's doubtful it'll be in as many theaters as some of the more recent well-followed franchises.
It'll most likely be in as many theaters as Anthem of the Heart was in, at the very least. The theater I went to in NYC is bringing back Anthem of the Heat for more screenings two months after its initial showing, so it seems like crowds are going out to watch anime in the theater. AOA's got relationships with theaters now given their release history over the past couple of years. So if you've had an AOA movie screened near you before, you'll most likely be able to watch this one too. But yeah, it won't be on the same level as the most recent DBZ film.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clarste

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:03 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Are they going to be charging full price theater ticket for a 60 minute movie? Well, I'm sure there's enough Monogatari/Shaft fans who are willing to pay that, so might as well.

I'd expect them to charge more than full price because it's a limited screening, honestly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2