• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Problem with entry "Mori no Yōki na Kobito-tachi: Berufi to Rirubitto"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annasartin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:27 am Reply with quote
The summary for this entry was incorrect, containing both inaccuracies and a spoiler. I tried to replace it with a new summary but now both the old and new summery are on there. It's been many weeks since then but the old one just won't seem to go away.

The old summary:
"The story of two friends (Belfi and Lillibit) who live in the Dwarf village deep in the forest with their friends. Lillibit lives with her grand father who is the doctor in the village. She spends her time with her friends specially Belfi who always end up with a fight with the son of the village's ruler. Belfi's little sister was attacked by a lizard and Belfi and the friends came to the rescue. The story shows how friends cooperate together to help the people in the village who are in need. At the end of the story Lillibit's parents come back to the village."

This paragraph contains the following issues:

Lillibit does not live with his grandfather. He lives with his parents and younger sister.

Belfy does not live with her grandfather, either. She lives with the village doctor, who she is not blood-related to but refers to as her Uncle.

Belfy does not have a little sister.

The main problem with this entry is that the original poster, who has obviously watched the English dub, has mixed up the two main characters' genders. Belfy is the female protagonist and Lillibit is the male. This is an understandable error, because in the English dub the name Lillibit is given to the female and the male is renamed "Willybit".

The spoiler at the end of the series (where Belfy's parents return to the village) needs to be removed especially, since it ruins the heartwarming surprise where Belfy, who has spent her entire life believing she is an orphan finds her exiled parents alive.

I attempted to replace the old summary with this spoiler-free one:

"Young forest pixies Belfy and Lillibit live in an old-fashioned lilliputian village deep in the forest. Lillibit lives with his parents and younger sister, whom he tends to give the slip in order to run off in search of fun. Belfy resides with the village doctor since being placed in his care as a baby under unusual circumstances that even Belfy herself is unaware of. The two friends have adventures and learn valuable life lessons while helping out their fellow villagers and the animals of the forest."
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
Replaced the existing summary with yours.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
annasartin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for your help!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1