• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: In Memoriam [2016-01-01]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
Thank you all for having an impact on our child/adulthood. You will be forever missed.

R.I.P

Side note: I would have credited Chikao Ohtsuka in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep since he and Leonard Nimoy voiced the same character(excluding Ohtsuka's role as Cpt. Hook in the first game).
Bluuumeee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
May all these people rest in peace.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:33 am Reply with quote
RIP to all these people that brought so many emotions to us with their works.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote
No Setsuko Hara? She was one of Japan's most acclaimed actresses, so I think she deserves inclusion.

Otherwise, the list is fine. Sad to see that we lost so many notable people in the industry, Japanese-related or otherwise.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:00 am Reply with quote
I didn't know a few of these folks passed. Let us not forget their past works as we move on to the future.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:08 am Reply with quote
All wonderful people. Those who died young, it was absolutely unfair that their lives were taken when they all had so much more to accomplish. To those who reached old age, they all worked very hard and always inspire us youngsters to try a lot harder in life so we can make something of ourselves. R.I.P. to these wonderful folks.

I'm sure Mr. Nimoy would tell us "Live long and prosper", and I certainly intend to.
Ruremi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
These people had lives, we enjoyed hearing and seeing them perform, knowing that they would be here for many more year's to come, then just because time has to go by or they come up with an illness, we have to lose these people? I just don't like this idea at all, it really isn't fair. They were here and no one asked for this. I just don't understand why this has to be a thing. If only there were really Dragon Balls. Every single year we have this to look forward to?

Somehow we end up getting mad at someone for whatever reason, but in the end this is our fate. No voice to be able to say whether or not we wanted to die at any given time and no chance to try again, that is very painful. Really sorry for everyone who has lost one of their loved ones this year.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
Thank you for your time here and impacting so many of us in so many ways, see you in the next world.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
To those who have lived an old age, thanks for the many works that have positively shaped our childhood...

To those whose lives met a premature end, we wish they were here longer to see more of their talent...

May all of these wonderful folks rest in peace. Sad
Korogoro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:35 am Reply with quote
Oh, PowaPowa and Samfree were included. I still think about Powa, every single day. May he rest in peace. May they both rest in peace.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:32 am Reply with quote
Hiroyuki Nishimoto

Akiyuki Nosaka

Shinji Ogawa

Chikao Ohtsuka

Noriyoshi Ōrai and many others Anime cry you will be missed you changed my
life and many of my friends you will not be forgotten.
XLord31

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
I thought this quote would fit this situation.
"No one can escape time, it delivers us all to the same end. You can't plug your ears and cover your eyes."
—Pharos to the protagonist, Persona 3
macloud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
Miyu Matsukialso appeared in all of the Hidamari sketch anime seasons to date as yoshinoya sensei.
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Ruremi wrote:
These people had lives, we enjoyed hearing and seeing them perform, knowing that they would be here for many more year's to come, then just because time has to go by or they come up with an illness, we have to lose these people? I just don't like this idea at all, it really isn't fair. They were here and no one asked for this. I just don't understand why this has to be a thing. If only there were really Dragon Balls. Every single year we have this to look forward to?

Somehow we end up getting mad at someone for whatever reason, but in the end this is our fate. No voice to be able to say whether or not we wanted to die at any given time and no chance to try again, that is very painful. Really sorry for everyone who has lost one of their loved ones this year.

I would gladly go on a potentially dangerous journey for an opportunity to bring Iwata-san back. I owe him, and many other game developers and artists, a large debt of gratitude for all their hard work. Crying or Very sad I still think it's a shame he was on the receiving end of such negativity <2 months before his passing, because of rude people upset about E3.
WhiteOrochi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Also to Mr. Eiji Maruyama, the unforgettable voice of Daizyujin aka the original Dino Megazord of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. RIP, old man...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2