• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Happy 75th Birthday, Hayao Miyazaki!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu Anime smile
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
He made it to another year. How nice.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:02 pm Reply with quote
He easily live 100 before he croach.
Percival King
Banned User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
You can practically hear him overseas, grumbling curmudgeonly through blowing his candles.

Maybe because he has 75 candles to blow out. Or maybe just because he's grumpy ol' Miyazaki. Smile
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Tanjoubi Omedetou!!
Happy Birthday to the man of the hour.
And I'm suddenly thinking back to when my niece was 7 and said that she was going to marry this man. That was when she liked Ponyo. Now at 14 she doesn't even want to have think about that. LOL.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
Ya know, it's pretty sad even in a simple happy birthday thread some people have to cause problems and be rude. Now since the 2 posts have been removed how about we all keep further posts civil and forgo anymore trollish and rude OT comments shall we? Thank you.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Mr. Miyazaki-san! Smile Your films are truly inspirational pieces of art.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:44 am Reply with quote
Happy Birthday, Miyazaki-san. Thank you for all the wonderful memories.

This AMV captures perfectly what I feel thinking about Studio Ghibli's and Miyazaki's movies.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:00 am Reply with quote
Vizo wrote:
He made it to another year. How nice.

life expectancy of Japanese people is quite high compare to other countries

living healthy is the key

Hayao might reach 100 year mark Laughing
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Some of the comments that were posted on here remind me why I despise ANN's community. How ignorant people can be, I swear...

On a brighter note, however: Of course, a happy 75th birthday to a man who I wouldn't hesitate at all to call a big inspiration of mine. I still remember seeing Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind for the first time around 6-7 years ago. It was my first non-Pokemon type anime and it introduced me to a whole new world of animated entertainment. And while there has been plenty of terrible stuff I've been exposed to in that time, I'm easily ignorant of that due to all of the masterpieces I've come across as well. Princess Mononoke honestly changed my life. I feel like I say that every year around this time, but its true. Not only did it change my view of what animation could accomplish and be, but it also made me appreciate the natural world far more than I think I ever would have without it. And its still one of my favorite films of all time.

Thank you Hayao Miyazaki (and all of Ghibli, for that matter!) for giving me these wonderful experiences, I wouldn't trade them for the world. And may you live on for many years to come. Smile
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
Some of the comments that were posted on here remind me why I despise ANN's community. How ignorant people can be, I swear...

( . . .)

Thank you Hayao Miyazaki (and all of Ghibli, for that matter!) for giving me these wonderful experiences, I wouldn't trade them for the world. And may you live on for many years to come. Smile

Right? Some of them I guess are in light jest, but still.

Happy birthday to Miyazaki, though! I hope he's enjoying it with his family and friends, and can take a break from the world and its wearies for a moment.

Definitely a huge source of inspiration and comfort to me, and I wish him many fulfilling years forward.
Hak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Hayao Miyazaki, I have always been a fan of yours since I was in elementary school and currently I am in my second year of college, boy does time fly by! You have been my inspiration and you were the one who introduced me to the world of japan and anime. Thank you for everything you have done! <3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1