• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Theater Chain AMC Lists The Boy and the Beast Anime Film as Opening in February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I feel like I need to watch this movie.....I'll wait till Funi announces the release lol
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
none in Omaha, of course. Sad
Blankslate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Justin Rojas said it was going to be Funimation's first wide release in quite some time.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Curse these releases that happen while I'm in college (and am in no position to get to...)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:25 pm Reply with quote
So they are going to push it early. I wonder if the NYICFF (Gkids) are going to grab this for the festival this year. I wonder if Mamoru Hosoda will attend the screening. He's done it twice so far in the times that he's had Summer Wars and Wolf's Children when they were screened here at the festival in NYC.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:12 am Reply with quote
Darn, nowhere close to me in Cali. As I figured, I'll need to wait for the home release.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:10 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
So they are going to push it early. I wonder if the NYICFF (Gkids) are going to grab this for the festival this year. I wonder if Mamoru Hosoda will attend the screening. He's done it twice so far in the times that he's had Summer Wars and Wolf's Children when they were screened here at the festival in NYC.

Yeah wondering that myself. Maybe we can meet up again. Smile

I was able to get tickets after they announced his attendance. Wonder if that would still be possible this time. Although since I saw the movie at the Phila film festival not sure Id make the trip to NYC just for the movie if he wasn't there.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Yeah wondering that myself. Maybe we can meet up again. Smile

I was able to get tickets after they announced his attendance. Wonder if that would still be possible this time. Although since I saw the movie at the Phila film festival not sure Id make the trip to NYC just for the movie if he wasn't there.

Yes, yes. Would definitely like that. In fact I was just thinking about you myself. Again I want to thank you once more for the last invite and ticket. I've never forgotten that. Smile Here's to a 3rd up close and personal meeting with the man of the hour. Surprised Surprised

If you get any details before me just PM me and we'll make it happen.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:18 am Reply with quote
Hope it has an LA dub.
ryukage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
And it's been nominated for the Best Animated Film Oscar. That should get the film some recognition and hopefully spur a wider release.

It's weird that I'm finding the only theaters near me to screen it are the smallest theaters. Clearly they only expect those of us specifically seeking it out to have any interest in it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1