• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Erica Lindbeck, Max Mittelman Star in Your Lie in April English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
was really hoping on hearing a Plastic Memories announcement. oh well maybe later on in the year. at lease the Saekano gives me a ballpark price that I need to have when PM is finally announced
endallchaos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
Sounds awesome, but that price, though! Sad
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah, put me down as another vote for way too rich for my blood. Here's hoping that in a few years they will release some version that is actually affordable.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote
Ever since the announcement this wil be dubbed i was excited. The dub cast sounds amazing in the trailer. A few of my favorite VA are in it Very Happy.Just a matter of time it gets licensed here in Europe. I feel sorry for you Americans with those prices lol. It probably will cost here between 25 to 40 euro per volume max. That is like 26 dollar to 43 dollar xD.Glad to live in Europe xD.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:02 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to buy Your Lie in April.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:12 am Reply with quote
Most likely getting the final DRRR x2 in September and November then.
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:26 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
(Me reading this article)

"Hey, Erika Harlacher's in YLIA's dub cast, AND she's playing my best girl from the series? Suddenly I'm interested in this."

(sees price tag)

"Oh yeah, I forgot this is Aniplex. Nevermind then."

Not that I have anything specific against Aniplex (I do own a couple of their series), I just didn't enjoy YLIA anywhere near enough to pay that much for it. I do like Erika though - I've been keeping an eye (ear?) on her ever since I heard her performance as Ami in Toradora's dub, which was terrific.

Now Saekano I might consider picking up, but not until after I see how much I like the second season later this year. I don't want to be stuck with half of a series on my shelf if the second season lets me down - not that I expect it to, but at those prices, better safe than sorry.
so is the rumor about saekano season 2 premiering in fall 2016 confirmed yet? hope so.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
So, uh, so, yeah, Your Lie in April will be about 140 per volume and it's in two volumes. So that's about 8 dubbed sets released by Sentai or Funimation or two complete LE dubbed double sets from NISA.

So that would just be about my anime budget for the year.

Of course, I wouldn't even buy it even if it was competitively priced because I did not enjoy the show but as they say, it's the thought that counts.
I haven't even seen Love Live yet and this notice has me more interested in it than ever.
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
jaykayjk10 wrote:
so is the rumor about saekano season 2 premiering in fall 2016 confirmed yet? hope so.

Unfortunately, not yet. That's just me being optimistic.

Animegomaniac wrote:
I haven't even seen Love Live yet and this notice has me more interested in it than ever.

That's going to be my first big purchase of the year, once season 2 comes out next month.
Purpadude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote
I so badly wanted this release, but there's no way I can afford it with the current USD/CAD conversions.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
- Excludes all JP booklets
- Too cheap to include JP commentaries so creates cheaper dubbed ones
- No mention of "rigid" box which in previous cases have meant flimsy cardboard boxes.

I absolutely loved Shigatsu, but this release? No thank you, i'll stick with my fansubs.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Awesome cast that I'm seeing and the trailer sounds great! Smile I can't wait to watch YLiA.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
- No mention of "rigid" box which in previous cases have meant flimsy cardboard boxes.

I absolutely loved Shigatsu, but this release? No thank you, i'll stick with my fansubs.

Well to be fair the Sword Art Online II LE's when the LE's were announced by aniplex made NO mention of a chipboard artbox, I just checked the ANN article where the release details were mentioned and all it said was outer packaging designed by X as well as the rightstuf listing for the LE's also had no mention of a rigid artbox when preorders started and all 4 LE's were released with a rigid artbox. The design also isn't final so there's a chance that each vol could have a rigid artbox, would certainly love that.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:

I've been getting the feeling that AoA is getting some pretty big time pressure from Aniplex Japan to make their sets less appealing for reverse importation(slower releasing, crappier boxes and extras, lack of Blu-ray, etc). Which is kind of bullsh*t and sucks for anyone who doesn't speak Japanese. I really wish they would stop with that. Or at the very least, put English Subtitles on the Japanese releases more often. I would much rather pay JP prices for JP sets, rather than pay AoA prices, for mediocre sets, to be honest. That being said, this set doesn't seem that bad too me. And having the OST included is fantastic! I almost ordered it through Amazon Japan several times. As someone who doesn't watch dubs, the dub commentary is not all that thrilling to me, but I'll still check it out. All in all, I think it's pretty nice. If it ends up being chipboard, that would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the dub sounds really good so far! I'm really liking Aniplex's dubbing as of late. Only one I didn't really enjoy was probably Durarara!!

I wish I had a full time job. I would gladly buy the product because it's worth it, but alas. Maybe once I graduate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3