• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 9th Manga Taisho Awards Nominate 11 Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:57 am Reply with quote
I feel like the english title "Erased" loses some meaning.
Doomlegacy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
Yes, It supposed to be "The City where I'm not around"
sinfonia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it does lose some meaning in the title, but I like "Erased" as well: it's simplistic but it still gets the main gist of what the actual title implies. Plus, "The Town Where Only I am Missing" is a bit strange sounding in English, so I understand why they made the change. But I do prefer the actual translation.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

with translation there are those who will use substitution

so for this series they replaced the whole title with just one word

lit. translation of the title can vary

but i like " The Town Without Me" better.. since that's the closest without using substitution

you can't keep it word of word but at least keep it meaning for meaning

as for Boku dake ga Inai Machi, I didn't know about this series until i saw the anime. It's sad to see good series like this only getting 12 episodes :/ I guess seinen type series tend to get only 12 episodes

I just hope we don't get a cliff hanger ending like Berserk and that Season 2 is just a few months away... if not it is time to pick up the manga version.

Last edited by AnimeAddict2014 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:33 am Reply with quote
Golden Kamuy is another rare gem on that list imo along with with Dungeon Meshi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aereus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:50 am Reply with quote
Wonder how Kasane is doing now. It was on the list last year, but not this year yet below 8 volumes still. People lose interest I guess? A few others like Boku Dake and Blue Giant are on the list, albeit lower than before. I guess it's probably just hard to repeat years.
Nosehair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:18 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

with translation there are those who will use substitution

so for this series they replaced the whole title with just one word

lit. translation of the title can vary

but i like " The Town Without Me" better.. since that's the closest without using substitution

you can't keep it word of word but at least keep it meaning for meaning

as for Boku dake ga Inai Machi, I didn't know about this series until i saw the anime. It's sad to see good series like this only getting 12 episodes :/ I guess seinen type series tend to get only 12 episodes

I just hope we don't get a cliff hanger ending like Berserk and that Season 2 is just a few months away... if not it is time to pick up the manga version.

just had to bring up berserk didn't you? IT ENDED FINE! where else in the story is there a clean break point, if the manga isn't finished the animation will always end with a cliffhanger because the story is unfinished.

Anyways it's already been announced that Erased is going to have an anime original ending after covering everything in the manga since the manga hasn't gotten very far. it's unlikely there is going to be a second season because it would be all anime original material.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
Nosehair wrote:
Anyways it's already been announced that Erased is going to have an anime original ending after covering everything in the manga since the manga hasn't gotten very far.

Last I heard, ERASED is actually going to have the ending that the manga is going to have...where has it been said it is going to be an anime original ending?

And, looking at the manga listed here, I really want to see ERASED and Dungeon Meshi get licensed.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:41 am Reply with quote
Nosehair wrote:
just had to bring up berserk didn't you? IT ENDED FINE!

i'm talking about the anime series anime#328

how many will say the series ended fine after finishing the anime series ? i'm sure most will either start on the movies or pick up the manga series right after

boku dake ga inai machi has 7 volumes.... not sure if they can fit all 7 volumes into 12 episodes without cutting certain chapters out.
RoCu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyways it's already been announced that Erased is going to have an anime original ending after covering everything in the manga since the manga hasn't gotten very far. it's unlikely there is going to be a second season because it would be all anime original material.

Really? I'm caught up with the latest translated manga chapter (and I couldn't resist taking a look at the RAWs :p) and it looks like it's pretty damn close to ending.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:34 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
boku dake ga inai machi has 7 volumes.... not sure if they can fit all 7 volumes into 12 episodes without cutting certain chapters out.

I've read some comments from people who have read the manga, some have said that the developments in the manga can be slow at times. Depending on how slow, it could mean more are able to be squeezed into episodes of anime, and maybe not a whole lot will be skipped?

Either way, so far, the reception I've seen for the anime has been rather good. Have yet to start watching it myself. Currently waiting for the 3rd episodes to be released over here (yes, I do know it is already floating around on the interwebs).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1