• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Valkyria Chronicles Remaster Story Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Would have been nice if they would adapt the rest of games into anime just like Utawarerumono is doing now, specialy since the 1st season was darn good :/
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Would have been nice if they would adapt the rest of games into anime just like Utawarerumono is doing now, specialy since the 1st season was darn good :/

Thought the same, the problem is... well, imagine VC2, it would be a damn school anime, even if it is a military school it is filled with adolescents, nothing in comparison to the first one that could make you feel "oh, this is VC".

Sadly I haven't managed to see much regarding VC3 except the OVA, but that does not tell a lot and cant say a lot either regarding this one.

In my opinion, they could start a new time line that could go parallel to the games.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:44 pm Reply with quote
hurafloyd wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

Thought the same, the problem is... well, imagine VC2, it would be a damn school anime, even if it is a military school it is filled with adolescents, nothing in comparison to the first one that could make you feel "oh, this is VC".

Sadly I haven't managed to see much regarding VC3 except the OVA, but that does not tell a lot and cant say a lot either regarding this one.

In my opinion, they could start a new time line that could go parallel to the games.

Well i didn't play the games so idk how things roll there so the VC2 game isnt a sequel to the events that happend at 1st VC?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Well i didn't play the games so idk how things roll there so the VC2 game isnt a sequel to the events that happend at 1st VC?

While I haven't played the 2nd or 3rd game, from my understanding neither of them have anything to do with Squad 7. The second one takes place at a high school.... er... I mean at a military training center. The gameplay in the 2nd and 3rd have been simplified, probably due to them only being released on handhelds and not the PS3 (let alone PS4).
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeap, the system of VC2 was quite interesting, they tried to improve based on the previous game (except the farming for materials, I hate that kind of stuff) and the story is a little bit weak so in my opinion it shouldnt be adapted to anime, it would be "another one of those anime" (and it would fail).

And yes, VC2 has slight references to Squad 7, some characters may appear but nothing transcendental to the story.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Aha well thats kinda sad to hear since the 1st season still had potential to make some interesting stuff for a next season left atleast there were some nice OVAs which were short but nice in their own wayspoiler[ showing them getting married etc]
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
at least dub the anime version of Valkyria Chronicles..

I could not get into the game-- not a fan of SRPG

the anime version is pretty good.. sadly it's only subbed
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
lol this trailer showed spoilers
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
lol this trailer showed spoilers

If you mean Alicia being a Valkyria, that isn't a spoiler. It is in the opening of the game.

Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
While I haven't played the 2nd or 3rd game, from my understanding neither of them have anything to do with Squad 7. The second one takes place at a high school.... er... I mean at a military training center. The gameplay in the 2nd and 3rd have been simplified, probably due to them only being released on handhelds and not the PS3 (let alone PS4).

Characters from Squad 7 are in VC2, but it takes place enough afterwards that Squad 7 isn't together. The story of VC2 is a direct sequel to VC1. The story of VC2 wouldn't be that bad if they took out the ridiculous high school element, but due to that, making an anime out of it would be pretty awful.

The gameplay wasn't really simplified. Yes, the maps are smaller. They actually added things though. I would have to say VC2 has better gameplay than VC1 because the additions and adjustments out weigh the loss of the larger maps.
GrdAdmiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote
I loved the PS3 game and the anime was amazing! A release if the anime in the US would be nice. Any word on the remastered coming to the US?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for this.

AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
at least dub the anime version of Valkyria Chronicles..

I could not get into the game-- not a fan of SRPG

the anime version is pretty good.. sadly it's only subbed

Yeah, still can't believe they never did Sad

GrdAdmiral wrote:
I loved the PS3 game and the anime was amazing! A release if the anime in the US would be nice. Any word on the remastered coming to the US?

Me too!

Looks like we're about to find out.

It looks like Sega posted this today teasing it, so it'll be pretty cruel if they don't.
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/sega-teases-valkyria-chronicles-remaster-western-release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K20SjFhEM0s
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1