• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
U.S. Discontinued / OOP Anime Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
?

It is still there: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/JpmYkOIfdshk2uff4e/browse/item/94977/4/0/0

They listed it as "We'll Get It For You!".

Different release. The one you linked (which has in-stock issues from virtually all online retailers) is Ah! My Buddha DVD Nirvana Collection (Hyb) (Classic Collection). It's the newer re-release with a lower MSRP.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
?

It is still there: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/JpmYkOIfdshk2uff4e/browse/item/94977/4/0/0

They listed it as "We'll Get It For You!".

Different release. The one you linked (which has in-stock issues from virtually all online retailers) is Ah! My Buddha DVD Nirvana Collection (Hyb) (Classic Collection). It's the newer re-release with a lower MSRP.

Ah. I was not aware that they did two release versions of the Nirvana Collection.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
How much you wanna bet that this is directly connected to all the Media Blasters cancellations:

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000005013&Offset=0&ReturnTo=Archive

RightStuf wrote:
In the interest of providing our customers with better service, we are changing how we handle product listings. When a vendor cannot provide us with an expected time of receipt for items, we may remove them from our site rather than continue to take orders for them, even though these items have not necessarily been cancelled at the wholesale level by their respective publishers. Once we are provided an actual estimated arrival time, we will re-list the items with an expected date and resume solicitation of orders. Our customer care team will be contacting fans with affected pending orders.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that this change will, in the end, allow us to offer our customers more reliable availability information and expected shipping times. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer care team.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
How much you wanna bet that this is directly connected to all the Media Blasters cancellations:

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000005013&Offset=0&ReturnTo=Archive

RightStuf wrote:
In the interest of providing our customers with better service, we are changing how we handle product listings. When a vendor cannot provide us with an expected time of receipt for items, we may remove them from our site rather than continue to take orders for them, even though these items have not necessarily been cancelled at the wholesale level by their respective publishers. Once we are provided an actual estimated arrival time, we will re-list the items with an expected date and resume solicitation of orders. Our customer care team will be contacting fans with affected pending orders.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that this change will, in the end, allow us to offer our customers more reliable availability information and expected shipping times. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer care team.

Heh, heh. Take it this has to do with the nice number of release delays and cancellations Media Blasters pulled last year? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
via RACS
Quote:
Also, due to license expirations, all release versions (including the S.A.V.E. Editions) of the following series have been discontinued as of March 5th:

009-1
Hell Girl (first season)
Moeyo Ken
Xenosaga

EDIT:
via Media Blasters Facebook page
Quote:
- Is either Midori Days or Grenadier's licenses expired? Seems like places I normally order from have them listed as OOS and don't know when(or if) they'll get more stock in. Which usually means for them, that it's out of print.

- Yes they are and would only be back stock now.

EDIT 2:
Quote:
- Does the company still have licenses to Samurai Deeper Kyo and éX-Driver?

- Those expired a while agobut I know SDK is still out there as we sold tons.

EDIT 3:
Quote:
- Anyway, you've had Magic Knight Rayearth for a very long time and it seems some of the box sets are out of stock. Has that one lapsed as well?

- thanks for the support and we are still releasing MKR.

EDIT 4:
Quote:
- One quick question: are Moribito and Twelve Kingdoms still good with you guys?

- 12k and Moribito are still good, we actually recently renewed 12k.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Michael's Movie Mayhem is reporting all of the ArtsmagicDVD anime releases are getting discontinued.
Quote:
  • A.Li.Ce (a.k.a. Alice/ Special Edition) ArtsmagicDVD 1999 881482001095
  • Blue Remains (Special Edition) ArtsmagicDVD 2000 881482001491
  • Computer Generated Anime: A.Li.Ce (a.k.a. Alice/ Special Edition) / Blue Remains (Special Edition) ArtsmagicDVD VAR 881482003594
  • Malice@Doll ArtsmagicDVD 2000 881482000395
  • Salaryman Kintaro #1 ArtsmagicDVD 2001 881482002092
  • Salaryman Kintaro #2 ArtsmagicDVD 2001 881482002399
  • Salaryman Kintaro #3 ArtsmagicDVD 2001 881482002696
  • Salaryman Kintaro #4 ArtsmagicDVD 2001 881482003297
  • Salaryman Kintaro #5 ArtsmagicDVD 2001 881482003396
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:19 pm Reply with quote
^ And no longer listed @ TRSI.
  • A.Li.Ce (Alice) DVD (Hyb)
  • A.Li.Ce/Blue Remains DVD Set (Hyb)
  • Blue Remains DVD (Hyb)
  • Salaryman Kintaro DVD 1 (S)
  • Salaryman Kintaro DVD 2 (S)
  • Salaryman Kintaro DVD 3 (S)
  • Salaryman Kintaro DVD 4 (S)
  • Salaryman Kintaro DVD 5 (S)

EDIT: Malice@Doll DVD (Hyb) - Qty: 2
ajr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Interstella 5555 might be OOP given that it no longer appears at TRSI.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
ajr wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Interstella 5555 might be OOP given that it no longer appears at TRSI.

Seems to still be in stock at amazon:
DVD
Blu-ray

Also it seems RACS still carries it in both DVD and BD:
DVD+BD

Blu-ray also seems to still be available from BestBuy. It maybe going OOP, but not quite there yet.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Oooh, that is a shame! But I recall some of the reviewers around here saying it's the worst Bluray upscale in existence (it was on a podcast and everything) so yeah, grab the DVD while you can.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
The customer reviews on Amazon are pretty unanimous about that too.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Main discontinued/OOP list finally updated after a very long hiatus (last update was in August 2013). Please point out any errors and omissions.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
And this is why WTK will always be a beloved ANN poster: thanks for all your hard work, my man.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Update. There are still a few leftover copies of the Toei Puss 'N Boots on Right Stuf.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:50 am Reply with quote
It has been a while since WTK updated this thread. Lots of changes were made last year and for the first month of 2016. Think we could get an update on the list when you have the time WTK?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11