• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shizuoka Muslim Association Runs Anime Video to Promote Mosque Construction Campaign in Sh

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Nice Very Happy
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Hey I recognized that Samurai Champloo insert song, totally a beautiful
song.

Voidgangsta wrote:
> Most xenophobic race with way less than 1% of Muslims
> "Oh, lets waste millions of yen to build another building for a religion that has never been dominant."

You wot Japan?

1.True, Islam is a minor religion in Japan but there are currently more than 100,000 muslim there. I wont call it a small number.

2.There is no way Japan government involved in this campaign, this is from Muslim community, I dont see why this is a waste when it is build only for them.

Last edited by Hikarunu on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
CeaseActivity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Voidgangsta wrote:
> Most xenophobic race

You wot Voidgangsta
There is no such thing as a Japanese race, you realize that right?
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:38 pm Reply with quote
This is really nice
Akira SS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
[Edit]: removed hate speech. Errinundra.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
[Edit]: report such posts - don't reply to them. Thanks. I only found this by chance. Errinundra.
mierin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Voidgangsta wrote:
> "Oh, lets waste millions of yen to build another building for a religion that has never been dominant."

They are raising funds to build the mosque themselves. They are not using the government's money, in fact they will probably be the one paying the authorities for planning permission, land taxes, etc.
Akira SS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
[Edit]: this is an anime forum, not a podium for spreading religious intolerance. Please desist. Errinundra.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hey, guys. This is an anime site. Please refrain from attacking religions. (And this warning is coming from an atheist.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Enrique Suárez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
Hey, guys. This is an anime site. Please refrain from attacking religions. (And this warning is coming from an atheist.)

Laughing I lurk on this site for anime news but this thread caught my attention.

1. I've seen christian bashing and intolerance against christian religion on this website, why some of you mods aren't so sensitive regarding that topic, is the islam religion some kind of sacred cow?

2. Islam is NOT a race so why bring political bullshit over this site calling racist or xenophobic to who oppose in his/her/my view to that religion?

3. I'm 99.8% sure if this was a campaign to raise money for building a church in Japan and people were bashing christians you wouldn't be this severe,

4. I don't know what Akira SS (I suppose SS standing for nazism so maybe a racist/xenophobic thing) or whatever said but this is an interesting topic regarding the ol' hypocrisy and PC than sadly runs wild even on AnimeNewsNetwork.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
^

If you see Christian-bashing on this site, report it. Akira SS's comment was highly inflammatory.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrysostomus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
You can always count on the liberal ANN moderators to disdain such retrograde concepts like "free speech" in favor of supporting religious ideologies known for their excellent human rights records.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
There is no free speech here. If you thought there was, then you are extremely ignorant. By posting on this message board you relinquish your words to be moderated. If that isn't your cup of tea, then I'm sure /pol/ would love to have ya.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Jojo fans will appreciate the irony.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I've banned Akira SS for hate speech. If anyone says anything as inflammatory as what he said about any religion, including Christianity, they will be banned as well.

There will be no 3-strike opportunity, no moderated posts, no temp ban. Permanent and immediate.

Enrique Suárez wrote:
this is an interesting topic regarding the ol' hypocrisy and PC than sadly runs wild even on AnimeNewsNetwork.

F*ck being politically correct. This has nothing to do with it. Disagreeing with religious views, or criticism of the beliefs and actions of individuals is one thing, and we will allow it as long as it is on topic and expressed in a polite manner. Hate speech on the other hand will not be permitted. Akira SS's posts were way, way over that line. It was out-right racism.

Additionally his account was created today, right before making those posts. I assume he created the account expressly to make those posts. On top of being a bigot, he was a troll.

Christopher Macdonald
Anime News Network
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2