• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Music School Held Sound! Euphonium Concert

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:21 pm Reply with quote
This is really great. Wish they had the orchestral arrangement of OP "Dream Solister" from the final episode's ED, too.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Man, if only I could play "Crescent Moon Dance" with the band at my school....
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:32 am Reply with quote
They're pretty good (everything is clean) but I would expect that from a music college band. It's kind of hard to impress me as a Japanese band though since I listen to Seika Girls High School (one of Japan's top band programs) and Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra (one of the world's best professional concert bands). "Crescent Moon Dance" sounds like fun to play (the community band I'm in can probably handle it too as we have music teachers/professional level players mixed in).
Kamieichi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
Sigh. Why ANN posts articles without checking anything.
(I'm still a bit bugged by this article's mistake which still doesn't get fixed. I'm really regretting I didn't notice it early.)

First it was October 24.
http://tv.anime-eupho.com/news/?id=38
Basically there were two Hibike! event last October. A event at Senzoku College on Oct. 24 and the other event at Minami-za, Kyoto on Oct. 31(and as I said, it's different from KyoAni & Do fan event). And this concert was not just some music college band playing Hibike!'s music and that's it. These performances were just part of the Hibike! event's program. There were Seiyuu talk and singer performance and so on. The article sounds like Senzoku Gakuen held the event but of course the truth is it was held by Hibike! production committee.

Second he is not Matsuda Akito. He is Oowada Masahiro, teacher of the college and instructor, conductor of The Freshmen Wind Ensemble.
http://www.senzoku.ac.jp/music/school/teachers/wind/id_651/
It's certain that Matsuda composed Crescent Moon Dance and other music and BGMs in the anime but he didn't conduct. More importantly the anime's instrument sound/performances were provided by The Freshmen Wind Ensemble conducted by Oowada Masahiro.
http://i.imgur.com/XAUvfUj.jpg

To me this article is imperfect without these things being noted.

EDIT
I just noticed this part of the article.
Quote:
TRUE also sang "DREAM SOLISTER" at the concert; she had earlier appeared at Senzoku Gakuen for a fan event. "DREAM SOLISTER" and "Tutti!" are available in Japan as piano sheet music from YAMAHA.

And the link led me to this article.
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-06-06/sound-euphonium-songs-now-available-for-pianists/.88878
Yeah, the article of the source site, Anime! Anime! clearly says the day of event is Oct. 14 but I think it most likely a typo. The day was Wednesday. An event on weekday? Nah. The day of the event was Oct. 24, that's for sure. Well the above link of the Hibike! official site says so anyway. 
Brutannica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Kamieichi wrote:
Sigh. Why ANN posts articles without checking anything.
(I'm still a bit bugged by this article's mistake which still doesn't get fixed. I'm really regretting I didn't notice it early.)

First it was October 24.
http://tv.anime-eupho.com/news/?id=38
Basically there were two Hibike! event last October. A event at Senzoku College on Oct. 24 and the other event at Minami-za, Kyoto on Oct. 31(and as I said, it's different from KyoAni & Do fan event). And this concert was not just some music college band playing Hibike!'s music and that's it. These performances were just part of the Hibike! event's program. There were Seiyuu talk and singer performance and so on. The article sounds like Senzoku Gakuen held the event but of course the truth is it was held by Hibike! production committee.

Second he is not Matsuda Akito. He is Oowada Masahiro, teacher of the college and instructor, conductor of The Freshmen Wind Ensemble.
http://www.senzoku.ac.jp/music/school/teachers/wind/id_651/
It's certain that Matsuda composed Crescent Moon Dance and other music and BGMs in the anime but he didn't conduct. More importantly the anime's instrument sound/performances were provided by The Freshmen Wind Ensemble conducted by Oowada Masahiro.
http://i.imgur.com/XAUvfUj.jpg

To me this article is imperfect without these things being noted.

EDIT
I just noticed this part of the article.
Quote:
TRUE also sang "DREAM SOLISTER" at the concert; she had earlier appeared at Senzoku Gakuen for a fan event. "DREAM SOLISTER" and "Tutti!" are available in Japan as piano sheet music from YAMAHA.

And the link led me to this article.
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-06-06/sound-euphonium-songs-now-available-for-pianists/.88878
Yeah, the article of the source site, Anime! Anime! clearly says the day of event is Oct. 14 but I think it most likely a typo. The day was Wednesday. An event on weekday? Nah. The day of the event was Oct. 24, that's for sure. Well the above link of the Hibike! official site says so anyway. 

Thanks for pointing these out. I will change the article to reflect this information.

Most of the confusion arises because of the October 14/24 difference you mentioned, but I agree that the October 14 date was probably a typo. I apologize for the conductor/composer mistake and relying too much on the YouTube playlist rather than these more substantial articles.
TRNielson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Awesome performance by the band.

Sadly, Hibike! bassoon girl beats the band's bassoon girl. But, props to her for having the left-shoulder ponytail going on.

Wonder if the band freaked out spoiler[because they found out solo trumpet girl secretly knew the conductor before the auditions that decided who got play in the band.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1