• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Girls und Panzer: number of episodes

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:51 am Reply with quote
The main page for anime#14334 says " Episode titles: We have 14" but there are only 12 episodes on the list and in the anime.

The "14" is probably just a typo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
There are actually 14 listed episodes. This includes 5.5 and 10.5.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
When it says "Episode titles: We have #" the number is automatically however many episodes are listed on the episode list. When someone enters the number of episodes manually, it shows up as "Number of episodes: #". So what you are referring to can't be a typo since it is however many episodes are actually on the episode list. It looks like there really are 14 episodes, numbered 1-12 plus 5.5 and 10.5.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
I did not notice the 5.5 and 10.5 on the list, or on the discs. I have only watched the first 6 episodes so far but there is no episode 5.5 on my disc.

OK. I see now that Sentai included them as extras.

Do those really count as episodes?
I am not arguing about it, just curious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
@Touma

They were part of the original broadcast so I would count them as episodes. They are obviously quickie recap episodes intended to give them time to complete the following episodes. However they do a nice job as they provide some information not otherwise shown. This is a show that got the production so far behind that the ending was delayed to the following season.

Calathan's point was that if they are in the episode list they automatically increase the count on the main page. I've noticed other shows that have alternate names for the same episode or have a parallel listing of US release titles (usually on TV). These show markedly higher episode counts on the main page. The same thing happens with manga where you have only 12 volumes but 30 release dates covering multiple countries and editions.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:14 pm Reply with quote
@Alan45

OK, that explains it.

Thank you, to everybody.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1