• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Evangelion: 3.33 Film's English-Dubbed Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 am Reply with quote
Are you ready for some ANGST!?
Gasero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Are you ready for some ANGST!?

I am (not) ready to watch this mess again!
Rhys2753

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
How is this news worthy? they had the same trailer up for a while, they just re-uploaded it with a different title saying it's now available, the same thing they do with practically every release.
pureevil4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
My only complaint with Funimation's release itself (aside from the delay) is how un-set-like 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33 look.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
pureevil4 wrote:
My only complaint with Funimation's release itself (aside from the delay) is how un-set-like 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33 look.

-The cases are inconsistent and look weird on the shelf.

-The title of the movie is in Japanese, so unlike the other two films where the English title is used, instead we get the random "Q" title mid movie. Very ugly and inconsistent.

-The ending credits are in Japanese. A very dumb decision by them. The previous films had English translated credits. It's not only ugly and inconsistent, but I can't even read the names of the people who worked on the movie.

-The main menu is a mess, it's very un-organized.

-This release lacks so much extra stuff. Not even the Japanese blu ray trailer or the Funimation English trailer are included.

-The dub is very meh. Asuka and Mari sound horrible and half the things they yell is pronounced so poorly that I can't make out what they're saying.

-The changes to the dub are so minor and irrelevant, this 2 year delay is not worth it.

A piss poor release by Funimation, it doesn't even live up to their standards that they set with the previous two films.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
-The ending credits are in Japanese. A very dumb decision by them. The previous films had English translated credits. It's not only ugly and inconsistent, but I can't even read the names of the people who worked on the movie.

That to me sounds like a good thing, being that the Japanese credits had that lens flare effect to them that the English credits never bothered to replicate. Oh sure, you could say that this effect is completely pointless and you wouldn't be wrong, but it still bothered me a bit that FUNi just omitted it entirely in their English release.

...Also speaking as a Norwegian, to me leaving credits in their native language is the norm. I know this is not the case in the US, but... yeah, to me that's completely normal.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
pureevil4 wrote:

-The cases are inconsistent and look weird on the shelf.

-The title of the movie is in Japanese, so unlike the other two films where the English title is used, instead we get the random "Q" title mid movie. Very ugly and inconsistent.

-The main menu is a mess, it's very un-organized.

-This release lacks so much extra stuff. Not even the Japanese blu ray trailer or the Funimation English trailer are included.

-The dub is very meh. Asuka and Mari sound horrible and half the things they yell is pronounced so poorly that I can't make out what they're saying.

-The changes to the dub are so minor and irrelevant, this 2 year delay is not worth it.

A piss poor release by Funimation, it doesn't even live up to their standards that they set with the previous two films.

its had been dubbed, but khara wanted to do the subtitles themselves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1