• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Episode's 1st 10 Minutes Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calculus20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
DAMN This looks really good. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for some special announcement after the premiere regarding Geass 10th anniversary and future anime projects.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
You know what to do Sunrise. Do not disappoint me.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Lol at the colony drop scene, it is Sunrise all right.
shuusei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Cool, maybe i'll start importing the BD sets for it now. Since funimation probably won't for another 5 years. (not like it's entirely their fault)
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
shuusei wrote:
Cool, maybe i'll start importing the BD sets for it now. Since funimation probably won't for another 5 years. (not like it's entirely their fault)

Sunrise seems to be a pain in the ass do deal with,since Funimation licensed many of their stuff a couple of years ago,like Outlaw Star,Escaflowne,Code Geass and such and nothing came out of it to this day...
shuusei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
shuusei wrote:

Sunrise seems to be a pain in the ass do deal with,since Funimation licensed many of their stuff a couple of years ago,like Outlaw Star,Escaflowne,Code Geass and such and nothing came out of it to this day...

Yeah, it does seem that way. I'm fairly impatient too, and i don't care so much about a dub. So since the JP BD sets have subs, might as well just import them.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
since this is gonna be the last episode,maybe Funi will begin dubbing this.Let's hope they get Kate Higgins,Yuri Lowenthal and spoiler[Johnny Yong Bosch] back
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
DAMN This looks really good. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for some special announcement after the premiere regarding Geass 10th anniversary and future anime projects.

Thanks I am not alone to hope for more Code Geass project Anime smile
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
since this is gonna be the last episode,maybe Funi will begin dubbing this.Let's hope they get Kate Higgins,Yuri Lowenthal and spoiler[Johnny Yong Bosch] back

afraid that is wishful thinking on that part. for one thing most of that cast is doing the dub version of SM and SM crystal. not to mention that the 4th shinobi war for naruto shippuden is still doing on. so the odds of that heavily packed schedule to be lifted for this OVA is slim to none. but first funi would have to do what they did with hellsing ultimate and get the entire bang zoom cast to reprise their roles which is known to cost a crapload of money. they might get bosch to reprise his role if funi decides to do the dubbing themselves since they were able to do that for Eureka 7 AO & for the Trigun movie, but then fans of the TV series would complain non stop that yuri or Higgins didn't get reprised either which isn't possible with all of these complicate union/non union BS that is way too confusing for the average otaku. definitely too much of a hassle for funi unfortunately.

if funi does release it, it will be they either they do get the entire cast from the TV series to do the OVAs, OR I'm afraid they might just do what they did with Buddy Complex (which is also a sunrise parent license) and give it the sub only treatment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:

afraid that is wishful thinking on that part. for one thing most of that cast is doing the dub version of SM and SM crystal. not to mention that the 4th shinobi war for naruto shippuden is still doing on. so the odds of that heavily packed schedule to be lifted for this OVA is slim to none. but first funi would have to do what they did with hellsing ultimate and get the entire bang zoom cast to reprise their roles which is known to cost a crapload of money. they might get bosch to reprise his role if funi decides to do the dubbing themselves since they were able to do that for Eureka 7 AO & for the Trigun movie, but then fans of the TV series would complain non stop that yuri or Higgins didn't get reprised either which isn't possible with all of these complicate union/non union BS that is way too confusing for the average otaku. definitely too much of a hassle for funi unfortunately.

if funi does release it, it will be they either they do get the entire cast from the TV series to do the OVAs, OR I'm afraid they might just do what they did with Buddy Complex (which is also a sunrise parent license) and give it the sub only treatment.

Actually man you're being a bit pessimistic. For one Code Geass wasn't recorded by Bang Zoom, it was recorded by Animaze. Also, only Bosch and Higgins are in Sailor Moon so only they might have trouble, and Shippuden's on some weird Neon Alley hiatus with both of them having nothing else at the moment, so after April 5th Lowenthal and Higgins really have no excuse. It won't cost that much either. Apparently you seem to think that ALL of the characters from the original series are in Akito the Exiled. But there are only six - Lelouch, Suzaku, C.C., Rolo, Charles, and Nunnally (in dialogue, as the video shows) - and only the first four have any dialogue. Bosch's role with Funi actually goes WAY back (he was Lust's boyfriend in the original FMA and more recently was Makoto in Free!), so there is literally no hassle for him. And Lowenthal, Higgins , and Spike Spencer have all been in Funimation roles before (Lowenthal for Bayonetta: Bloody Fate and Afro Samurai, Higgins for BlazBlue: Alter Memory, and Spencer for Evangelion and BlazBlue: Alter Memory - not to mention Spencer's originally from Texas), so doing it again won't be under that stupid "union" law (*sigh* Texas...). Of course, Funi could use some of their own actors to save costs. I even sent them a list on who I want to voice every single character in the OVAs (Micah and Trina for Akito and Leila all the way), along with a request that everyone reprise roles for each TV series character, and they said they would take everything into account. Oh, and for Buddy Complex - that series will get dubbed eventually the same way Toradora was, trust me, even if the Blu-Ray's out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1