• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
There's a Pervert Impersonating ANN Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
fideldesu wrote:
The screenshot is so funny. I LOLed at the "what ?" part.

I have to admit... the screenshot is fake. I made it.

It's similar to, although highly abridged, actual conversations that have been sent to us.

It didn't feel appropriate to post actual conversation transcripts between him and his victims, particularly his underage victims.

-t
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
I have to admit... the screenshot is fake. I made it.

It's similar to, although highly abridged, actual conversations that have been sent to us.

It didn't feel appropriate to post actual conversation transcripts between him and his victims, particularly his underage victims.

-t

Clever scheme there, you had me fooled.

This is really unfortunate, and ANN isn't the only site or company to have this happen to them, as well as what the victims have to go through. The best thing to do that people will become complacent about from time to time is keeping yourself informed about these types of things and staying alert. When you're letting your guard down that's what's going to happen. Another thing is making sure that if you have a child make sure you're telling them and keeping them informed about these types of things. Have conversations with them on a regular basis so that they know that while the internet is a great and fun place to be, there are going to be things in the deep dark alleys of the internet just like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Bluenoser wrote:
There is something particularly sick to me about a predator coming to a place like a Con to find prey, perhaps because I have always been a part of fen, perhaps because I know from too many others how the fen world gave them something to hold onto at hard points in their lives, but this sort of thing really brings up a rage within me. This targeting of cosplayers, especially younger ones, well it punches that button hard too.
Indeed, at least one of the notorious manosphere/PUA sites has written a "How to Get Laid at Anime Conventions" guide. So if these predators are present, they're not necessarily mere disorganized "lone wolves" randomly wandering into the convention scene.

Yeah I think I can guess which one too. its leader has been featured in the news a bit lately
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5