• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Digimon Adventure tri. Film's 2nd Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Looks nice so far.

I really hope the teasing of the Digimon Emperor means that he will play some important role. Looking forward to this movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
Yup, that was definitely Imperialdramon in the colors of evil: Black and Purple. (Although that isn't really a surprise since we also saw it on the other movie cover, but maybe I didn't recognize em because I try to forget about 02.)

Guess ol' Ken's being manipulated again, maybe by the end of this we'll see who our actual villain is supposed to be.

The Stuff with Joe looks interesting tho I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with him.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Yup, that was definitely Imperialdramon in the colors of evil: Black and Purple. (Although that isn't really a surprise since we also saw it on the other movie cover, but maybe I didn't recognize em because I try to forget about 02.)

Guess ol' Ken's being manipulated again, maybe by the end of this we'll see who our actual villain is supposed to be.

The Stuff with Joe looks interesting tho I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with him.

My money is on Daemon...that was a plot point that was put on adventure 02 that was never resolved..he and his group wanted to use ken for his dark spores for some unknown reason until he was banished into the dark ocean...there is chance he is the one who is behind the events and is somehow involved ken again...it was never stated that the darkseed in him was removed just it was there dormant.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I loved the first Tri movie and I can't wait to see this one and the others as well! My childhood is back! Very Happy
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Vikemon evolution scene look too badass man.
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Suddenly more Digimon feelings are making themselves known in my kokoro.

Digimon 02 had tons of issues and I detest some parts of it, but Ken was one of my favorite characters period growing up. I'll be glad to see him back, evil or no! Color me very intrigued. I want it to be March now!
Lulcielid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
In case you didn´t know, In today's Tokuban Adventure livestream over NicoNico Douga, the voices of Tachikawa Mimi and Kido Jou, Yoshida Hitomi and Ikeda Junya, presented to the audiences the first six minutes of the film, You can find that on Youtube.
spoiler[Here it is]
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Digimon tri, part 2: How Joe got his balls back, and beat a MOFO to death with them.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Great trailer there and the action scenes look awesome and it's great to see that the trailer does strongly imply that Mimi and especially Joe will play a more bigger role in this film and if the final line in the trailer is of any indication, Joe will especially regain his confidence back and thus, gives the appropriate title for this film that is "Determination".

As for anything else of note, now with a more clearer look at who this new Digimon Emperor is judging by the newly released 6 minute preview, it's definitely not Tai but could it also not be Ken? With Imperialdramon looking like that he will be one of the main antagonists that Joe and Mimi will be fighting against, this movie better answer what happened with the 02 Digidestined because if it doesn't answer it, then we are already reaching arc fatigue with this alone.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I spy some Leomon vs. Ogremon in that video! :D
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
That was a beautiful, surreal PV. That silent finish and Takeru screaming "Patamon!" was sobering.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Hooked on Cyber Sleuth as of late. Very excited to read this news. Looks promising.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Oooh nice trailer my childhood feels are once again creeping out Smile, I'm excited to see what Joe decides to do and how he does it
Also that 'goodbye Takeru' and Takeru with him screaming out 'Patamon!' just greater fuels my anticipation to see what's going to happen in this part and why it has the subtitle 'Ketsui' (determination)
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
After playing Cybersleuth obsessively(amazing game) I am even more hyped for this.
It really does look like the Digimon Emperor/Kaiser is Ken, and the virus type Imperialdramon seems to support that.
I'm guessing the fall of the 02 team had something to do with the Dark Ocean and/or Daemon, it was just a tragedy how that story arc was completely dropped after Daemon left.

It would be amazing if they brought that back now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1