• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Lupin III Series Streams Ad For Unaired Episode 'Venice of the Dead'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:07 am Reply with quote
Ahh ZOMBIES!...There pretty as a picture Anime smile
Lupin the Third

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:25 am Reply with quote
It should probably be noted that both the DVD/BD-exclusive episodes actually aired as part of the standard run in Italy. So the series is 24 episodes long in Japan w/2 "OVA episodes", but in Italy it aired as a full 26.
VampireNaomi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Was it really necessary to explain the entire plot of the episode in the article? Lupin is hardly a series where spoilers matter, but it would have been more fun to see the episode without knowing the twist.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
VampireNaomi wrote:
Was it really necessary to explain the entire plot of the episode in the article? Lupin is hardly a series where spoilers matter, but it would have been more fun to see the episode without knowing the twist.

While, I agree in principle, it's like just a cut and paste job from an English press release.

Maybe while catching up on the series between flights, I missed something. spoiler[But, I thought I recalled Rebbecca saying she never actually signed or submitted the marriage papers midway through the series so the marriage was never actually official.].
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:13 am Reply with quote
AJ (LordNikon) wrote:
VampireNaomi wrote:

While, I agree in principle, it's like just a cut and paste job from an English press release.

I do feel that the last two sentences could have been omitted in editorial though.

Quote:
Maybe while catching up on the series between flights, I missed something. spoiler[But, I thought I recalled Rebbecca saying she never actually signed or submitted the marriage papers midway through the series so the marriage was never actually official.].

That was my first thought as well :S
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
Zombies? Rolling Eyes Geez, I certainly haven't seen that anywhere. Nope, no where at all. Such an original concept.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I remember watching this episode in Italian, when it originally aired, and enjoying it, but yeah, this article basically gives away the whole thing. I thought it was an amusing take on the zombie craze.

AJ (LordNikon) wrote:

This takes place before that. This is actually an early episode excised from the Japanese airing, likely to make bonus content for the physical release. It aired in Italy in its regular place, as episode 6.

There's another episode that was also taken out of the Japanese airing, about Lupin saving Rebecca from a kidnapper while Zenigata is chained to him (Lupin, that is, not the kidnapper). Again, probably for bonus content.

I hope these episodes get dubbed and released onto whatever physical release the show has in North America.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
The summary did come from the Japanese episode summary on the YouTube description of the video, so we originally figured if the Japanese summary gave away the "twist," then it wasn't much of a twist.

We have added a spoiler warning to the article now for the half of the episode description that gives away the twist. Our apologies to those who felt they were spoiled on the episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1