• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends Anime Announces Indefinite Delay, Removes Staff Listing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Good

This show looked like trash and it'd ultimately make it even harder to pitch Rage of Bahamut Genesis to people. Imagine if they made a moe SOL series about child Faye in Cowboy Bebop, with none of the original show staff. That's what this was. Dumb cash in.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
This really is the type of thing that occurs between seasons, not before a show even airs. Gunslinger Girl was a prime example.

My guess would be the game owner wanted a complete redo. With the other series around and getting another season as well, I wonder if this side series was too similar to it- or too different. It's hard to imagine them mucking up the adaptation itself.

... Negima...

Ok, scratch that one; It's possible and it's nice to see a creator actually stick up for a good finished product if that's the case. I was looking forward to this new view on the world, at least once the second season of the other series was confirmed. I don't recall a lot of gods in that other one.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Girls can NOT love dragon girls, I guess.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Since when is Shirobako a documentary or even realistic? Whatever.

No, we're not talking about the street fighter homage towards, the end. Most of Shirobako is believable. Since when is Shirobako not realistic?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Now what happened? Folks were looking forward this. Though it was a full show only to find out that it was going to be shorts. And now this?
Well, I hope that it happens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2