• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extella Action Game for PS Vita/PS4 Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Kotelo you posted the same thing twice now and seem to be ignoring the elephant in the room. If the western fan only knows about it from the anime, then it isn't Zero that started it. It is the original 2 cour anime series and subsequent theatrical release. Both of which predate Zero by years.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Because for the western fan, if it doesn't have an anime it doesn't exist.

So much truth in one sentence.
kotelo_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Kotelo you posted the same thing twice now and seem to be ignoring the elephant in the room. If the western fan only knows about it from the anime, then it isn't Zero that started it. It is the original 2 cour anime series and subsequent theatrical release. Both of which predate Zero by years.

Well, the 2006 anime is... from 2006 already. Really old by now, and the quality is garbage, so every post 2010 anime fan (what we have now basically) will never care about DEEN/stay night, and will care even less when they read EVERYWHERE online how bad handled it was, and being that the case, they will care even less for the 2010 movie.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:32 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
Well, the 2006 anime is... from 2006 already. Really old by now, and the quality is garbage, so every post 2010 anime fan (what we have now basically) will never care about DEEN/stay night, and will care even less when they read EVERYWHERE online how bad handled it was, and being that the case, they will care even less for the 2010 movie.

I remember it being pretty well liked at the time by anime only viewers.

But it being liked or hated isn't relevant at all here. I think you're forgetting that you used the anime being recent as an excuse for the recent attention of the series. That falls apart because if having an anime resulted in that level of attention, it would have been there for a long damn time. So no, it isn't just simply because there was an anime in 2012.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2