• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi Kai Preempted "Due to Various Circumstances"

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote
This is getting really stupid really fast. OK, it was fun yesterday cause I've never seen that happen before, but this is retarded. Are they going to ban all violent anime because of that dumb bitch and her axe? Let's ban all anime/movies/games about war until there is peace on Earth, how about that? Cause we all know, not talking about it, solves the problem. And I was looking forward to Higu Kai too.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Back in 2001 the first run of FMP was delayed for almost half a year due to the 9/11 attacks.

-Gabe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
This is getting really stupid really fast. OK, it was fun yesterday cause I've never seen that happen before, but this is retarded. Are they going to ban all violent anime because of that dumb bitch and her axe? Let's ban all anime/movies/games about war until there is peace on Earth, how about that? Cause we all know, not talking about it, solves the problem. And I was looking forward to Higu Kai too.

Why are you so up in arms about television broadcast delays? It's not even like you're paying for the show at this point, so what's a couple weeks wait?
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Don't compare a screwed-up girl to a world-shaking tragedy involving the loss of thousands of lives.
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

Why are you so up in arms about television broadcast delays? It's not even like you're paying for the show at this point, so what's a couple weeks wait?

This isn't a matter of being upset about something we can't see. This is censorship.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote
How do you say Jack Thompson in Japanese?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
Back in 2001 the first run of FMP was delayed for almost half a year due to the 9/11 attacks.
-Gabe

Yeah......but I didn't see it happen Very Happy. I didn't even knew it happened until yesterday.Well, to be honest I don't really see the similarity of FMP and 9/11, did someone bomb something, I don't remember?

ANd I maintain my point. What is not talking about it going to solve? Why can't it be shown? I can not understand.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Dude, seriously?

This is just retarded. Some 2channer makes a joke about the situations being somewhat similar, and some journalist makes a big deal out of it.

I really hope this doesn't turn into some big controversy.
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Can it be true? Is Japan finally manning up?

The anime industry should stop joking around. They need to stop pushing the envelope of bad taste like the rap industry.

And while it's sadder to see "When Cicadas Cry More" get stalled than "School Days," people over there must regain control of themselves. Exclamation
FlavorOfSand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
rankothefiremage wrote:
-Gabe

Yeah......but I didn't see it happen Very Happy. I didn't even knew it happened until yesterday.Well, to be honest I don't really see the similarity of FMP and 9/11, did someone bomb something, I don't remember?

ANd I maintain my point. What is not talking about it going to solve? Why can't it be shown? I can not understand.

Fourth or fifth episode of the series involved a plane full of students that is hijacked by terrorists. A bomb is also placed in said plane. Tenuous, but people were pretty understandable sensitive at the time.

Wasn't an episode of Cowboy Bebop skipped the first time through due to 9/11 as well?
hara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
There was hardly any violence in Higurashi second season so far, that's why I cannot understand why they would need to delay it.

Seriously, I read that every day a person is killed in New York - and Hollywood's still continuing producing action movies. And Japan is making such a fuss about one tragic incident (it is a cruel thing but it's not like Higu Kai is responsible for it).
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Sheesh man, death is a natural part of life - wake up already! People kill people every day all over the place. Chances are you will die if you wake up in the morning - and if you didn't wake up, you are already dead! So get with it and stop delaying stuff by saying you are being "sensitive" - give me a break! Bring on the anime! Life is too short!

(why I say this - recently had a friend die after just going home from work in the middle of the day saying he wasnt feeling well - he went to sleep and never woke up - life is too damn short!)

Last edited by kokuryu on Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
littlegreenwolf

This would be really funny if she didn't sucessfully kill the man. Course that might be me and my morbid sense of humor. As to canceling/delaying the anime... stupid. It's not because she watched an anime she killed someboday, the girl is just messed in the head to begin with.
penguintruth

Will there be another nice boat?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5