• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superneko44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Jiro carried an accoustic guitar.

Oh I see now, this is the anime, when I looked last time, it up it only showed his robotic form. Thanks a bunch !
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
^ Glad it's the one you were looking for. When I was browsing for images with his guitar, I did notice some models of the robot form with a double-neck electric guitar, but I think that's from the 2014 live-action reboot movie? Can't find it now no matter what I search on. :/
Svcy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:27 am Reply with quote
Is there a romance anime where the main prot are delinquent man and a weirdo girl that fell in love?

and a romance between a 10-20 yrs of gap.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Svcy are you asking for the title of a specific show or are you just asking for recommendations? If you're looking for recommendations please see this thread. Thank you.
Heaven Bay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Hey,

this is my first post and my first time being in a forum, so I don't really know how to do that right/or wrong?

I'm a little "desperate", 'cause I am searching an Anime... and I can't find it. The maincause is, that I don't know the name of it. It was ages sine I watched it and I watched it only once.

But I have some clues, like there was a little time traveling at the end (I believe..) and the main characters where about 5 or 6 kids and teenager. I think, the anime played in some world war... The group of kids were in a military unit. One or two were flying a plane and two of the kids could fly.
Did I mention, that the kids had esp powers, like flying and mind reading... and so on?!

I believe, the boy had darkgreen hair and was adopted into a family with military background. There shouldn't be many Episodes... 10 or 12 maybe.

And it is a little older... It wasn't published in the last two or three years.

It would be really great if someone can help me... and knows what anime that is... because I really, really want to watch it again Wink

Thank you,
Heaven
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Heaven Bay wrote:

But I have some clues, like there was a little time traveling at the end (I believe..) and the main characters where about 5 or 6 kids and teenager. I think, the anime played in some world war... The group of kids were in a military unit. One or two were flying a plane and two of the kids could fly.
Did I mention, that the kids had esp powers, like flying and mind reading... and so on?!

I believe, the boy had darkgreen hair and was adopted into a family with military background. There shouldn't be many Episodes... 10 or 12 maybe.

And it is a little older... It wasn't published in the last two or three years.

Welcome to this forum.

I have watched a boatload of series that your description could more or less match. Sadly, most of them are fairly jumbled in my memory because I can't say any of them stood out particularly for me.

There are older series (Kishin Corps, Sakura Wars) and more recent ones
(Strike Witches), although Strike Witches and Sakura Wars principally feature female protagonists.

Can you provide a few more clues? For example, did you watch this on TV or on tape/DVD? Was this a subtitled series with Japanese audio, or localized with a non-Japanese language track? If so, in what country did you watch it, and/or on what television station, and in what language? About what year did you watch it? Anything memorable about the music? Were the protagonists fighting other humans or something non-human (aliens, robots, demons, etc.)?
remmster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:03 am Reply with quote
Hey guys i'm in need i'm searching for a Mecha Anime i once saw...It's about this kid who works with his farther retrieving mechs that drop into the sea...the world this happens in is only in like the 1900's tech wise so the robots are not from there they come from the future or another dimension can't quite remember. Any who there's a war on between two countries and they use these mechs to fight it out. Oh and on the one side theres this prince who goes mad and uses a super mech to try and destroy the other country....I know it's not much to go on but please help!
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
remmster wrote:
Hey guys i'm in need i'm searching for a Mecha Anime i once saw...It's about this kid who works with his farther retrieving mechs that drop into the sea...the world this happens in is only in like the 1900's tech wise so the robots are not from there they come from the future or another dimension can't quite remember. Any who there's a war on between two countries and they use these mechs to fight it out. Oh and on the one side theres this prince who goes mad and uses a super mech to try and destroy the other country....I know it's not much to go on but please help!

That would be Orguss 02 that you're trying to remember. It was released on DVD and video cassette in the mid-90s.
Neal Myers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
I don't really have much. I use to watch around 95 to 2000. It was a space epic were teens wake up on a ship in space. i think it has a mech suit of some kind. sorry i know its not much

Thanks Neal
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Neal Myers wrote:
I don't really have much. I use to watch around 95 to 2000. It was a space epic were teens wake up on a ship in space. i think it has a mech suit of some kind. sorry i know its not much

Thanks Neal

Sounds like it could be Infinite Ryvius.
Aleah Marie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Hello
I need help getting the name of this one anime or manga from when I was younger
All I remember is a girl who wasn't the main character. She wasn't very strong. She had these little fairy things she used to fight with that talked. One was a guy with a pony tail, red I think and the other one was a girl with a blanket looking thing over her head. I'm pretty sure there were more but I'm not sure. I'm sorry I can't think of anymore info but if you have even the slightest idea of what I'm talking about let me know! This has been driving me crazy all night
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Lupica

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Heaven Bay wrote:

Could this possibly be a jumbled up memory incorporating the military flashback episodes from The Unlimited -Hyoubu Kyousuke- (from Zettai Karen Children)? I think we need as many more details as you can recall, though, especially details about how and when you watched it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
^ That's what I was thinking too, but since the poster never returned to answer the questions that might've narrowed it down, I didn't bother posting. They either figured it out for themselves, or didn't care enough to check back.
BWBODDY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:02 pm Reply with quote
This is about Psycho-Pass Season 2 episode 11

I'm going to assume the my question is a Spoiler, so I'll put it in a spoiler wrap

Question....
spoiler[How can the old lady in charge of the Sibyl System be alive at the end of episode 11 when her head was clearly blown off minutes earlier ?]
I kind of think I know why but not for sure

Also on a side note...
Does anyone know what happened to Animenation Forum ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 521 of 569