• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film Project Is Trilogy Starting in 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobody knows

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
oh great the worst heroine finally shows up , If she even act like heroine in the first place ? anyway I will watch it only for kirei .
xFlintx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
xFlintx wrote:
can you stop that shitty ufotable meme, most artwork are awful and creppy like this one

http://static.zerochan.net/Fate.stay.night.full.1837969.jpg

You realize that that's a magazine spread, not key artwork, right?

so? he said the art is good because "Utoable" i posted also a art from utotable
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
That key artwork is beautiful. There is so much I can't wait to see animated, plus Sakura is my favorite heroine.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
Great News: It's going to be a trilogy instead of a single movie, dashing away all fears of a rushed adaptation.

Good news: A release date has been announced.

News: That promotional video was... a thing.

Bad News: The trilogy will start in 2017.

Worse news: It'll be even longer for that movie to get a subbed release (unless Aniplex graces us with select theater viewings)

You know, on the topic of who is the best heroine, I feel that there are two ways to judge it. More interesting character, and more appealing waifu. I'd say that Saber and Sakura are close contenders for both in my book, but I still like Rin too much to count her out.

Regardless, most Sakura haters I know only know that Sakura is the main heroine of Heaven's Feel, but don't exactly know much about what happens throughout that route. She's more interesting than she appears, and even if she doesn't win you over, the route itself is pretty darn action-packed and emotional. Nasu wrote this to be the big finish of the meta-series and it shows.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Sounds about right, consider the overlapping plots, that should be enough time to wrap it up (assuming each movie is long enough)

i'm afraid not. for that to happen it will have to be like similar to how gundam unicorn was done. however considering how well done the madoka magica movies were done which i have a nasty feeling that is what type moon and aniplex is trying to do here, never say never. personally they should have given this route the TV series treatment instead of unlimited blade works considering not a lot of people liked that route outside of diehard FSN fans and especially fans of shiro and rin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:24 am Reply with quote
I wonder how they'll be paced. First movie ending with spoiler[Saber switching sides]? Second with spoiler[Ilya's rescue?]. I honestly don't really know what kind of pace I'd want - I remember being sort of bored in the middle of the route and taking a long time to get back to it.
Renasviel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:02 am Reply with quote
Technically it didn't première last October (the UBW route adaptation), it premièred in October 2014.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:03 am Reply with quote
Thank god they are doing a trilogy!!! couldnt be happier!! even if its just in 2017, i actually prefer the movies instead of the tv series, cz budget Wink
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:03 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess they are not making the same mistake as God Eater.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
I always thought female characters should be judged on their character more than by ''waifu'' potential... But hey, screw story.

From what I read about Heaven's Feel, I've been anxious. In fact, I smpathize with Sakura since Fate/Zero, and thought it was about time there was some focus on her.
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:40 am Reply with quote
A quick correction to the spoiler block in the article:
spoiler[Sakura did not receive torturous training to give her powerful magic powers (btw, that phrase seems really weird to say). She actually already had those. Her torturous training was actually to forcibly change her magic attribute from her original one to the Matou family's attribute, which, rather than giving her great power, actually weakened her potential considerably.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gilarack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Hmm three movies... If every movie is 90 minutes long the total running time will be equal to twelve tv episodes. So not even half the length of the UBW series. Which means they won't have the time to needlessly repeat dialogue and stretch out the material and boring me to death in the second half. YAY! The results might actually be good this time! Very Happy
shuusei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

Worse news: It'll be even longer for that movie to get a subbed release (unless Aniplex graces us with select theater viewings)

I think there's like a 99% chance Aniplex will do theatre runs. They know they have to give people a chance to see it before buying in order to maximize their sales. The only exception I've seen so far is the P3 movies, where they are just bringing in the imports and leaving it at that.

So far, most of their recent movies (Kizu, Expelled From Paradise, Daikyousei, etc etc) have all gotten like 2 week runs here in the US.
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:30 am Reply with quote
It was never mentioned that Miura is doing the storyboards and can't find any source in Japaneses sites or did i miss something ?
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
It will be a long while until the blu rays come out and it's available online in subs, and even longer until the dub comes out.

All I hope for is that they don't screw it up like what they did with UBW, please get more talented scriptwriters and a better director for these films.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5