• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film Project Is Trilogy Starting in 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valhern

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
xFlintx wrote:
so? he said the art is good because "Utoable" i posted also a art from utotable

Not really. Often in magazines spreads the magazine is the one that hires an illustrator to promote an anime, and it's very likely for it to look subpar, I've seen it sometimes having the wrong color scheme. It is actually uncommon for a key animator straight out of the studio to do it, they usually do the very first promo art that will show up on magazine, special cards, DVD/BD covers, single covers, and such.

There is actually very few studios that will put out their A+ illustrator for a magazine (I remember only BONES with B3 and KyoAni with everything) since they have plenty of other work; and when they do, it's mostly a one time thing and then another three or four months later.

Dab1za9 wrote:
It was never mentioned that Miura is doing the storyboards and can't find any source in Japaneses sites or did i miss something ?

You sure on the right topic?
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Valhern wrote:

You sure on the right topic?

Yeah i am replying to this part in the topic

Quote:
The initial announcement revealed that Takahiro Miura was providing the storyboards.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
The extra run-time should make the Type-Moon fanatics/purists happy. I'm just glad that there's finally been a new announcement/confirmation after all this time, since I was wondering if it was still happening. Now I can eventually check out the third route and see which I like best, and which can be seen as a better follow-up to Fate/Zero (spoiler[although admittedly I'm not looking forward to watching Saber's fate in this route]).
kpk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Yep. I don't have the source either, but yeah, that's the reason. The content in Heaven's Feel would need to be heavily censored for a TV broadcast, so this is a much safer way to go. Also, Ufotable works better with a movie production schedule, in my opinion.

So you're saying we'll see sex in these movies?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
^ I doubt it. We'll get an adaptation of the Realta Nua version, just like UBW was. There's still lots of spoiler[fluid exchange, but blood instead of semen]
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I am so psyched for this! And when I think about it, 3 movies is the perfect length; long enough to not be rushed, and short enough to not drag the story out like UBW did. The hype is real.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:
I always thought female characters should be judged on their character more than by ''waifu'' potential... But hey, screw story.

From what I read about Heaven's Feel, I've been anxious. In fact, I smpathize with Sakura since Fate/Zero, and thought it was about time there was some focus on her.

I think the blame for that in this particular story lie in its origins, its old and was originally based on a Eroge, the female were originally supposed to be waifu characters. I still like the general story but that will always be a weakness for the main story.

XerBlade wrote:
A quick correction to the spoiler block in the article:
spoiler[Sakura did not receive torturous training to give her powerful magic powers (btw, that phrase seems really weird to say). She actually already had those. Her torturous training was actually to forcibly change her magic attribute from her original one to the Matou family's attribute, which, rather than giving her great power, actually weakened her potential considerably.]

Is that what actually happened? I haven't actually played the 3rd route and i just know what happens because of the info from fate/zero but i assumed that spoiler[the worms worked on her the same way they did to kariya which was expand her magic circuits, the only difference was that her circuits hadnt receded like kariyas so it didn't shorten her lifespan or have a visible effect on her health like they did his]
nobody knows

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote
really ?!! where this waifu thing come from!! yes I know the game has hentai scenes , yet that doesn't make sakura better heroine .

all she do in her route is force people to love her / feels sorry for her because she has sad life .

she doing nothing to make me love her as heroine , Actually she did all the bad thing in this show that include spoiler[saber and shirou fate , and how she get jealous every time she see her sister and think that her sister has happy life]

on other hand I wish the Writer make spoiler[Illya the heroine of this route because she really act like heroine in this route but oh well]

for me the better heroine in all routes is RIN following by saber , because she playing important parts in every routes.

saber get my interesting in fate zero what a badass yet i dislike her act in her route Sad

oh well everyone has different opinion Rolling Eyes
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Is that what actually happened? I haven't actually played the 3rd route and i just know what happens because of the info from fate/zero but i assumed that spoiler[the worms worked on her the same way they did to kariya which was expand her magic circuits, the only difference was that her circuits hadnt receded like kariyas so it didn't shorten her lifespan or have a visible effect on her health like they did his]

spoiler[Kariya and Sakura got wormed for different reasons, so the worms did different things. Kariya needed to be a stronger magus, so the worms ate his flesh and reduced his lifespan to act as stronger magic circuits. Sakura needed to have her alignment switched to the Matou family alignment of water, so the worms did that, squandering much of her magical potential in the process. Instead of eating her flesh, they drain her of magical energy, which is where the "fluid intake" comes in - they're infusions of magical energy.

As for a visible effect on her health: Sakura used to have brown hair. Now it's purple. They are unhealthy for her, though not to the extent that they were for Kariya. Also, HF features her unique constitution taking a toll on her before everything goes FUBAR.]
Valhern

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Sakura is the heroine? Never thought of that. She is a protagonist, yes, and her character is fantastic to me, but I never thought of her as an heroine, or Rin. Saber fits the role of heroine for sure. The heroine is a role that needs constant action (in terms of fighting, that is), being a heroine doesn't mean you're the protagoinst, or viceversa.

In any case, I think Sakura is an amazing protagonist, I mean, I've seen her kind of story in many other works, but hers is particularly well executed.

Calsolum wrote:

In the summary posted in the article explains it but (these are not particularly heavy spoilers but just in case): spoiler[Sakura is Rin's sister, therefore a Tohsaka, and each family has a different type of magic they specialize on, IIRC, the Tohsaka are strong in transferring energy to objects, hence the gems Rin uses. Matou, on the other hand, are specialized in absorbing, or in Nasu's wording, to appropiate of things for oneself, and the method they use for teaching that is those disgusting worms, believe me, it is even worse to read about them than watching them in the anime just scrawling around.
Like you said, Kariya's magic circuits were poorly developed, like most Matou's, and quickly shortened his lifespan, truth is, it happens to Sakura too, throughout the route she is constantly feeling feverous, weak, her mind too starts becoming corrupted. This is because her magic structure is changed substantially, therefore her magic is weak (this is like suddenly losing your dominant arm), although apparently nobody that has gone through the worms' ritual comes out very well. ]
Andre Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Good on ufotable for making this a trilogy, but is it a trilogy of feature-length films (80+ minutes) or are they just glorified OVAs (just barely breaking the 70min mark)?

I'm hoping for the latter, since that'll mean a much better paced story as opposed to rushing the plot to fit a run-time of just over an hour and then labeling it as a movie because it was released theatrically.

And before anyone asks, yes I'm mostly looking at you Garden of Sinners. At least movies 5 and 7 are close to two hours long.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Andre Andrews wrote:
Good on ufotable for making this a trilogy, but is it a trilogy of feature-length films (80+ minutes) or are they just glorified OVAs (just barely breaking the 70min mark)?

I'm hoping for the latter, since that'll mean a much better paced story as opposed to rushing the plot to fit a run-time of just over an hour and then labeling it as a movie because it was released theatrically.

And before anyone asks, yes I'm mostly looking at you Garden of Sinners. At least movies 5 and 7 are close to two hours long.

So... You're hoping for the former, then?
Andre Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Andre Andrews wrote:

So... You're hoping for the former, then?

Yeah... that's what I said there.
Renasviel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Andre Andrews wrote:

I imagine they will be full length movies.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy it's going to be a trilogy, one movie just wouldn't cut it, cue people jumping off the "UBW is BESTZ!" bandwagon and onto the "Heavens Feel is BESTZ!" bandwagon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5