• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film Project Is Trilogy Starting in 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I'm happy it's going to be a trilogy, one movie just wouldn't cut it, cue people jumping off the "UBW is BESTZ!" bandwagon and onto the "Heavens Feel is BESTZ!" bandwagon.

What bandwagon? Heaven's Feel is better. I don't think anybody will question that...
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Andre Andrews wrote:
Yeah... that's what I said there.

Andre Andrews wrote:
I'm hoping for the latter, since that'll mean a much better paced story as opposed to rushing the plot to fit a run-time of just over an hour and then labeling it as a movie because it was released theatrically.

And before anyone asks, yes I'm mostly looking at you Garden of Sinners. At least movies 5 and 7 are close to two hours long.

That's not what I saw.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice, hope that I'm not having to wait around too long after each movie comes out to watch them for myself. Happy that they've gone for a trilogy, as I did wonder how they'd go about cramming the whole story into a single movie.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Here's a link for everyone having the YouTube video blocked:
Fate/Stay Night HEaven's Feel Trailer Proxy
moonceller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Did not take long for Sakura hater to show up. I love her but that don't make me hate Rin/Saber. I guess I should have expect majority of Fate fan to be like this already. Anyway Fate and UBW got their shine already now is Sakura turn.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:
I'm happy it's going to be a trilogy, one movie just wouldn't cut it, cue people jumping off the "UBW is BESTZ!" bandwagon and onto the "Heavens Feel is BESTZ!" bandwagon.

What bandwagon? Heaven's Feel is better. I don't think anybody will question that...

Some people prefer UBW, but from what I've seen HF is the most popular. Almost no one seems to like Fate the most.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:

So you're saying we'll see sex in these movies?

No, more like spoiler[extensive and brutal child abuse].
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Valhern wrote:
Sakura is the heroine? Never thought of that. She is a protagonist, yes, and her character is fantastic to me, but I never thought of her as an heroine, or Rin. Saber fits the role of heroine for sure. The heroine is a role that needs constant action (in terms of fighting, that is), being a heroine doesn't mean you're the protagoinst, or viceversa.

In the case of F/sn, "heroine" refers to a) Shirou's love interest in the Route, b) the main female character in the Route, and c) spoiler[Saber's master, in UBW and HF].
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
So much for hoping to be able to go 1 year without a new Fate project bringing the very best out in people in the forums. This is only going to be said once so pay close attention please. Given the constant volatile nature Fate threads garner, only ones more heated than Gundam threads, the mods highly suggest everyone remain civil. I already had to clear out a handful of pointless 1 liner spam posts & rude insulting posts. We will be watching the thread more closely and less leeway will be afforded here given the long standing history of Fate threads devolving into flame wars. So please just be civil when you all say how much each route sucks except the one you like. Thanks.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
nobody knows wrote:

for me the better heroine in all routes is RIN following by saber , because she playing important parts in every routes.

saber get my interesting in fate zero what a badass yet i dislike her act in her route Sad

oh well everyone has different opinion Rolling Eyes
which is why I consider Rin best girl, as for Saber in Fate route I didn't dislike her in fact she was a really good character, the problem in the Fate route was Shirou as he thinks women can't fight in that route
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
Valhern wrote:
Sakura is the heroine? Never thought of that. She is a protagonist, yes, and her character is fantastic to me, but I never thought of her as an heroine, or Rin. Saber fits the role of heroine for sure. The heroine is a role that needs constant action (in terms of fighting, that is), being a heroine doesn't mean you're the protagoinst, or viceversa.

In any case, I think Sakura is an amazing protagonist, I mean, I've seen her kind of story in many other works, but hers is particularly well executed.

I'll support that, personally I like any character that goes through or has some sort of horrendous event happen to them but they keep on fighting anyway. Sometimes its by physically lashing out, killing the things that made you miserable or just refusing to surrender. one of my favorite quotes from gankutsuou: Bide your time and hold out hope
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
Some people prefer UBW, but from what I've seen HF is the most popular. Almost no one seems to like Fate the most.

HF fans are more vocal. When it comes to polls, both routes are quite even in popularity, UBW actually at the front usually. While Fate fans seem to be so almost exclusively because of Saber.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:01 am Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:

HF is the most popular in the West.

In Japan, Fate route is the most popular, followed close by UBW. HF is not that popular.
Maybe that's the reason HF had take so many years to be animated.

And in character popularity pools Saber wins by miles.
In Type-Moon's 10th Anniversary Character Poll

Saber 19821 votes
Rin 12131 votes
Sakura 6822 votes

Comment by Nasu " It has been 8 years since the shocking, "how-did-that-happen", first popularity poll. The times has finally caught up with Sakura. No, Sakura has finally caught up with the times. Considering there were 200 competitors, her position was quite the leap. Pure (pure blackness, that is) Kohai-Type female protagonist, Sakura, is now Number 8! ----- Endure, Sakura, your time to shine will come."
Player_91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
nobody knows wrote:

for me the better heroine in all routes is RIN following by saber , because she playing important parts in every routes.

saber get my interesting in fate zero what a badass yet i dislike her act in her route Sad

oh well everyone has different opinion Rolling Eyes
which is why I consider Rin best girl, as for Saber in Fate route I didn't dislike her in fact she was a really good character, the problem in the Fate route was Shirou as he thinks women can't fight in that route

It was a set of conditions caused by his survivor's guilt, but he develops and grows out of this phase in the middle of the route, at the end of it he was completely trusting Saber so idk why people always bring that up when the character develops and changes his view.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
kpk wrote:

So you're saying we'll see sex in these movies?

No, more like spoiler[extensive and brutal child abuse].

Who knows, maybe by movie standards, they meant spoiler[sweet and consensual Shirou/Sakura H-sce] PFFFFFFFFFFTBHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5