• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Super Lovers Boys-Love Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Anime of the seasoning coming to CR, thank you CR so so much. Precious Ren!!!
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Though I'll try to withhold judgement until it comes out this show looks really... Well, like it'll have the police knocking on my door if I watch it.
klrock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:
Though I'll try to withhold judgement until it comes out this show looks really... Well, like it'll have the police knocking on my door if I watch it.

Honestly though, how is this okay? Looks like is 4 year old son.
Whis-pur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
klrock wrote:
CheezcakeMe wrote:

From what I understand the beginning of the series is like a big brother, little brother relationship and then it does a time skip so that the youngest is like 14 or so and the older guy is in college?
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Whis-pur wrote:
klrock wrote:
CheezcakeMe wrote:

From what I understand the beginning of the series is like a big brother, little brother relationship and then it does a time skip so that the youngest is like 14 or so and the older guy is in college?

It time skips to where he moves to japan to live with him and still be raised like a brother with Haru and his other two brothers, but theyre (haru and ren kind of border on the line btwn bros and lovers). Haru works at a host club and is starting a restaurant, the other two brothers are in college.
Raneth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I really want to like yaoi/BL, I really do. I write and read M/M fiction all the time. But come on. Why can't we get a relationship in yaoi that's not somehow rapey, incestuous, or pedophilic?
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:

CR streams "Yuru Yuri." I think you have nothing to worry about.
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
This is a really beloved series among BL fans for its storytelling and character development, it doesn't even have sex scenes and Ren's age is something Haru continuously respects even when Ren wants to do more.

Why don't you all give it a read instead of making conclusions based on your wildly incorrect assumptions?
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
leesahlynn wrote:
This is a really beloved series among BL fans for its storytelling and character development, it doesn't even have sex scenes and Ren's age is something Haru continuously respects even when Ren wants to do more.

Why don't you all give it a read instead of making conclusions based on your wildly incorrect assumptions?

You can't really blame people for assumptions. The picture itself is basically older boy with kid and the words "Super Lovers". And really? Haru respects Ren's age even if Ren wants to do more?

It may sound offensive to your ears, but I am creeped out by this.
Whis-pur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
ZiharkXVI wrote:
leesahlynn wrote:

You can't really blame people for assumptions. The picture itself is basically older boy with kid and the words "Super Lovers". And really? Haru respects Ren's age even if Ren wants to do more?

To play devil's advocate, you're creeped out by the fact that a younger boy is infatuated with an older man, and the older man denies the younger boy what he wants? Sounds responsible to my ears.
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Whis-pur wrote:
ZiharkXVI wrote:
leesahlynn wrote:

To play devil's advocate, you're creeped out by the fact that a younger boy is infatuated with an older man, and the older man denies the younger boy what he wants? Sounds responsible to my ears.

Responsible where both man and boy are in a romantic relationship? That's the kind of thing a pedophile would say about the boy - that the boy came on to him. I guess you have to just make sure nothing happens...by sleeping in the same bed with him.
Whis-pur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
ZiharkXVI wrote:
Whis-pur wrote:
ZiharkXVI wrote:
leesahlynn wrote:

Responsible where both man and boy are in a romantic relationship? That's the kind of thing a pedophile would say about the boy - that the boy came on to him. I guess you have to just make sure nothing happens...by sleeping in the same bed with him.

Responsible in the sense that he isn't taking advantage of him

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
ZiharkXVI wrote:
leesahlynn wrote:

Then don't watch it. Being offended or creeped out won't change the fact that it's been animated or that the manga existed and the story was told. There's a lot of things that I find offensive and disturbing in anime but fortunately, your eyes come with an opt-out button in the form of simply averting them and finding something else.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
That's why I said I'd withhold judgement until I actually see it. It could just be terribly represented in advertising, but as it stands it looks and sounds like a "romantic" relationship between a grown man and a child, regardless of whether their genitals touch or not that is a no-no for me. If it time skips so that kid's at least an older teenager it would be fine, if not ew.

Also, I think it's perfectly legit to voice concerns about a show possibly promoting pedophilia. But again, watch before judge.
klrock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:17 pm Reply with quote
#838774 wrote:
ZiharkXVI wrote:
leesahlynn wrote:

Then don't watch it. Being offended or creeped out won't change the fact that it's been animated or that the manga existed and the story was told. There's a lot of things that I find offensive and disturbing in anime but fortunately, your eyes come with an opt-out button in the form of simply averting them and finding something else.

You make it sound like it's just a fan service filled series that some people just don't have a taste for, but this is quite literally pedophilia. We are voicing our concerns on something that is universally seen as wrong and disturbing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3