• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes PSP Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I entered, but I didn't look at the figures, since I haven't seen the characters in their older forms yet. Not until the January 2008 issue of Shonen Jump, that is...
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Uh, yeah, maybe a spoiler warning should be added. A lot of non-Japanese Naruto fans don't know about Shippuuden, let alone want to be spoiled by their new looks. I know pictures of them on the forum would be taboo without proper warnings, seems kinda careless to slap them in a traffic heavy front page contest.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Yeah... cause we all know that figures of the way the characters look two and a half years later will be massive spoilers. You can tell who's gonna die and who has what new moves just by looking at a little piece of plastic... Oh, darn you, ANN, for spoiling us with pictures of toys... Rolling Eyes
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah,I only enter the contest for the box set and the Shipuuden action figures. If I win I would probably sell Naruto's PSP game because I don't own a PSP. Because,I only buy Nintendo handhelds for obvious reasons. So,far mine decison is wise seeing as how the DS is dominating the PSP.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Yeah... cause we all know that figures of the way the characters look two and a half years later will be massive spoilers. You can tell who's gonna die and who has what new moves just by looking at a little piece of plastic... Oh, darn you, ANN, for spoiling us with pictures of toys... Rolling Eyes

Technically, its spoilers. It gives away that certain characters are alive and not dead and the likes. Possibility that it'll piss off a few. Look at Sailor Moon figures for "new moves" for example. Countless other examples.
CloakBass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
``````````````````

Last edited by CloakBass on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:19 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:

Part of the fun of new character designs is being surprised by them when they happen and at the appropriate time. It has nothing to do with story, it's about spoiling the new look for the uninitiated. It may be a minor spoiler to some, but it's a spoiler nonetheless. In the Naruto manga they built a lot of suspense up before they ever showed Sasuke's new look (though the anime totally disregarded that), other characters' updates were held in secret until they were ready to appear in the manga. Flashing those designs on a heavy traffic site takes the fun out of it and ruins the surprise for those that aren't up to date with Japan. I don't see a design spoiler as being any different that a story spoiler.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fatmandoubblescoop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quote
is there a limit to how many times you can submit your information
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quote
fatmandoubblescoop wrote:
is there a limit to how many times you can submit your information

Only once. Sorry, I forgot to include that rule, it's been updated. Anyone who submitted multiple addresses before the update won't be penalized, I'll just remove the duplicate entries but leave the first entry.

-t
Anime Lord

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I have the Sasuke figure, it is awesome! Very Happy
I hope I can win the whole set though....
x_silversurfer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quote
dang it!

I jumped on too late.

Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1