• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 5,000 Love Live! Fans Line-Up for Final Concert a Day Early—For Merch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:17 pm Reply with quote
That's a LOT of Livers waiting in line for exclusive merchandise and I thought Disney World was bad. Shocked
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Damn this whole Love Live stuff making tons of money i really wonder how the new love live which comes out at summer gonna sell Razz
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
this is [expletive] insane.
7PhoenixAshes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:01 pm Reply with quote
That is...dedication.

I'm a long-time anime fan and huge geek otherwise, but I don't think there's every been a property for which I would stand in line for an entire day just to get a mass-produced item with a printed logo or character from the property on it.

And yet, five thousand people feel that strongly about Love Live. Whoa.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I hope they enjoy the merchandise, Sunshine is looking to be good with the subgroups being pretty much perfect and all.
omoikane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
Is this article clickbait or what, I'm pretty sure 5000 is not even all that many people because a lot of folks dealt with buppan by mail already, so they didn't have to line up.

The average KPOP concert at Tokyo Dome draws more than this for pre-sale merch. I think LL5th had more people at buppan and that's at SSA, a venue a third of the size...
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
That's 5,000+ people that are passionate towards Love Live and want the show to keep going. I hope the prospects of Aquors will fare just as brightly as that of μ’s. Smile
animefan1238

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of the number of people in line, that is dedication. I'm a Liver as much as the next fan but damn.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:55 am Reply with quote
Humanity at its worst.
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I was at this event, and as mentioned above the line could have been a lot worse but there was a goods pre-order several months ago that helped a lot. Nevertheless those who weren't sure they could come to the concert until later have this chance. 5,000 out of estimated 55,000 capacity isn't too bad. A lot of people like me came later since the organizers really stocked up on items very well this year, had several goods areas and provided tons of registers to move the lines quickly. Only a few items sold out that day. The towel did eventually sell out.
Evaunit02berserk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
Sadly, 4999 of those in line were actually merch scalpers. The lottery was disgusting to the point that scalpers got the majority of tickets.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
Evaunit02berserk wrote:
Sadly, 4999 of those in line were actually merch scalpers. The lottery was disgusting to the point that scalpers got the majority of tickets.

Seriously? Confused There's simply no way nearly all 5,000 of those people lined up a day before the Final Love Live to buy the tickets and goods, only to then sell them at an auction in an attempt to milk massive amounts of their cash from the unfortunate...

...is there? Question
Emperor Fred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, I'm a little confused as to what this is, exactly. I mean, the members of μ's are cartoon characters, right? Do they just show their final concert on a screen or is it the seiyuu themselves performing or... what (holograms)? I feel like outside of the anime series and mobile game, I may not be getting what this whole Love Live! thing is about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1