• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Beet the Vandel Buster Manga Returns on April 15

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whis-pur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:56 am Reply with quote
Ha! And people complain about Hunter X Hunter's Hiatus. At least HxH has a maximum 2 yr hiatus, but I wonder if any beat fans are left? Either way I think beat wins hiatus of the century Very Happy
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:27 am Reply with quote
Whis-pur wrote:
Ha! And people complain about Hunter X Hunter's Hiatus. At least HxH has a maximum 2 yr hiatus, but I wonder if any beat fans are left? Either way I think beat wins hiatus of the century Very Happy

For Jump titles it probably is, but for manga in general there are others that have been left dangling longer. Off the top of my head, CLAMP's X went on hiatus way back in '03 and hasn't been touched since. I'm sure that's not the only one.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:37 am Reply with quote
Whis-pur wrote:

the problem with HxH is that the artist for beet was actually hospitalize with rumors of reason being leukemia and the original publish mag went defunct and all the series in the mag went into publishing limbo.

on the other hand HxH artist stop "due to health reason" with rumors ranging from mild depression to having writers block. comparing them just isn't fare since the situation are extremely different.

and frankly fans of the series never even hop for this series to actually continue.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
I read and enjoyed the 12 volumes that Viz released. If they license the continuation I will probably buy it.

If Viz releases the omnibus editions of the first 12 volumes I would probably get those because I do not own the singles. I borrowed them from the library.

I hope that this inspires somebody to license the anime. I have never seen that but I would like to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I read and enjoyed the 12 volumes that Viz released. If they license the continuation I will probably buy it.

If Viz releases the omnibus editions of the first 12 volumes I would probably get those because I do not own the singles. I borrowed them from the library.

Hopefully the last omnibus, in general, will include the sole chapter that was never included in the original compiled volumes. Yeah, after Volume 12's last chapter there was one more chapter made that was only seen in Monthly Jump when it was serialized and then never seen again. It didn't do much in terms of story, but it's similar to those chapters of X that were never included in any compiled volumes; likewise, Viz never brought those chapters over, either, not even in the 2-in-1 books.

Quote:
I hope that this inspires somebody to license the anime. I have never seen that but I would like to.

The Beet anime was actually licensed back in the day by Illumitoon Entertainment, but the first DVD was so poorly executed (dubtitles, original OP & ED only viewable as extras so poorly encoded you could see the video self-destruct, & a general lack caring for delivering a product in general [let alone a quality product]) that the show was dead upon arrival; the second DVD never even came out.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Hopefully the last omnibus, in general, will include the sole chapter that was never included in the original compiled volumes. Yeah, after Volume 12's last chapter there was one more chapter made that was only seen in Monthly Jump when it was serialized and then never seen again. It didn't do much in terms of story, but it's similar to those chapters of X that were never included in any compiled volumes; likewise, Viz never brought those chapters over, either, not even in the 2-in-1 books.

The Beet anime was actually licensed back in the day by Illumitoon Entertainment, but the first DVD was so poorly executed (dubtitles, original OP & ED only viewable as extras so poorly encoded you could see the video self-destruct, & a general lack caring for delivering a product in general [let alone a quality product]) that the show was dead upon arrival; the second DVD never even came out.

I'd definitely love to see all the material collected. Getting Beet out digitally on their website and Comixology as well would allow more people to be able to easily read it.

Would love to see it run in WSJ.

Ugh, Illumitoon was the worst. They also ruined the Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo DVDs and the B't X DVDs. So many series I enjoyed got screwed releases over their terrible job (at least Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo got a better release later, but Toei wouldn't pay for the Japanese Audio to get subs, so that was frustrating).
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering to what happened but now I know.
Borderite92

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
One the cliffhanger stories in anime and manga, I'm anxious for its return and bury that dreaded Illumitoon DVD forever. Voice acting had idea how to compare to their Japanese counterparts and to butcher up the intro sequence made me want fry the DVD. Thanks that only produced the one DVD. IF you leave the big company(Funi) to start out on your own, be sure to get the recipe right.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
For long hiatuses and taking a really time to complete, "Cyborg 009" took nearly 50 years.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Welp, going to have to go back and reread the original volumes now!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1