• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Skip Beat! English Dub Kickstarter Campaign Casts Grant George as Sho Fuwa

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Been a while since I saw Grant George in a dub.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
GG is one of the most underrated and underused voice actors around. It doesn't help that he doesn't show up at cons. He is a beast at voice acting. He has a bit of a surfer voice, but is hot-blooded and intense as all hell. A bit like Nobuyuki Hiyama or Tomokazu Seki.
Excel Generations

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Great choice!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Grant get a prominent role in a new English Dub. I think I first heard him in the original Fate/Stay Night dub as Gilgamesh, or it might have been Shinjiro in Persona 3, and from there I've always had a fondness for him Smile.

Pretty cool that he's now the official voice of Ant-Man in the cartoons and video games Cool.
pcj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Correction to the article: the Saturday announcement was Erica Lindbeck. Grant George announcement was just today.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Already loving this cast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
From what I looked up on him, he looks like the perfect casting for Sho. Looking forward to it!
fathergoat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:02 pm Reply with quote
For the first time I'm actually considering pledging on kickstarter. I'm so confused right now.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Grant George is a good VA,so I'm confident he will be doing fine in it.Plus...you gotta admire a guy who worked in so many hentai dubs...
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
fathergoat wrote:
For the first time I'm actually considering pledging on kickstarter. I'm so confused right now.

If you do decide to pledge, this is a good kickstarter to start out on. Pied Piper is a reputable company who did the Time of Eve release. You'd also be helping a show that wouldn't get release otherwise and have a chance at Skip Beat merchandise that won't be available in any other manner. It also has a good community so if you have any questions when you pledge, someone should be able to help you out.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of Grant George in any shows that I've watched in the past, but I think he'll fare greatly as Shō-san. Smile
Excel Generations

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
fathergoat wrote:

Pied Piper, Inc. is awesome! They rescue shows that are often over looked by other Region 1 companies. Ann gets amazing dubs done on them as well. Time of Eve was GORGEOUS! Skip Beat! will rock it too with Cristina Vee at the helm. The subtitles are also going to get an improvement. Kickstarter is safe to use as well since we are not charged until the end of the campaign and of course if it is successful. Anime fans unite! Very Happy
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Not interested in the show at all, but Pied Piper did a fantastic job on the Time of Eve movie. The fact that they're already 70% of the way to their goal with 11 days left is a great sign, since most successful Kickstarters tend to get almost half of their total funding in that last 48-hour push.
supersqueak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I am a little disappointed because I have never heard Grant George before. I really wanted Vic Mignogna for the role since Fuwa Sho sings in the series and I hoped Vic could do the song. I know Vic is in everything but I felt he was really right for the part. Please don't throw rocks at me Embarassed
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Looking like the pledges have started drying up. Even if they got $1000 a day, they still won't make it. If you all really want this, you all need to talk it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2